By Brainingcamp, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
You’ve played games forming words from letters, but how well can you form equations from numbers?
Numbler is a game where players build math equations in a familiar crossword style board. All the mental fun of popular board and online word games, but with numbers instead of letters.
▪ Simple and addictive gameplay that people love from well-known word games
▪ A fun and educational way for students to sharpen their math skills
▪ Suitable for all ages: children to adults
Players take turns forming or extending equations in a horizontal or vertical direction. Tiles must be placed according to the following rules:
1. Each turn must use at least 1 tile from the board and 2 tiles from your hand
2. All adjacent tiles must be part of a true and complete equation
3. Tiles cannot be moved once they are played
4. Players may choose to pass and forfeit their turn
5. The game ends when both players pass twice in succession
The score for a turn is the sum of each digit in the equations formed or extended during that turn, according to the following rules:
1. Operator and equal sign tiles have no score value but do help capture bonus tiles.
2. The value of two consecutive number tiles is the sum of their individual values. So a 1 and 2 tile placed beside each other has a value of 3, not 12
3. The value of a created or extended equation is increased or multiplied by bonus tiles covered by tiles placed during the turn
What's New in Version 2.5.0
Minor bug fixes and improvements
I thought this math game would have been great for my middle school students. I was a little disappointed that you couldn't use the operation tiles more than once, nor could you (group a subtraction) to simplify before multiplication or division. The concept of the game is great, but I , and my students, will wait to purchase the pro version until this is fixed.
When I downloaded this app, I was expecting a boring and difficult number game. The first game I played changed my point of view completely. I was shocked to find the game very fun and interactive. This game is a great way to practice your numbers, and also have a great time.
Free version does not work...
Couldn't get it to work. The numbers at bottom to select does not appear. Except upgrade and help nothing else works.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Jun 21, 2013
- Version: 2.5.0
- Size: 16.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Brainingcamp, LLC
- © Brainingcamp, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.