Numbler - Math Game
By Brainingcamp, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
You’ve played games forming words from letters, but how well can you form equations from numbers?
Numbler is a game where players build math equations in a familiar crossword style board. All the mental fun of popular board and online word games, but with numbers instead of letters.
▪ Simple and addictive gameplay that people love from well-known word games
▪ Challenge other players online or test yourself against the computer
▪ A fun and educational way for students to sharpen their math skills
▪ Suitable for all ages: children to adults
Players take turns forming or extending equations in a horizontal or vertical direction. Tiles must be placed according to the following rules:
1. Each turn must use at least 1 tile from the board and 2 tiles from your hand
2. All adjacent tiles must be part of a true and complete equation
3. Tiles cannot be moved once they are played
4. Players may choose to pass and forfeit their turn
5. The game ends when both players pass twice in succession
The score for a turn is the sum of each digit in the equations formed or extended during that turn, according to the following rules:
1. Operator and equal sign tiles have no score value but do help capture bonus tiles.
2. The value of two consecutive number tiles is the sum of their individual values. So a 1 and 2 tile placed beside each other has a value of 3, not 12
3. The value of a created or extended equation is increased or multiplied by bonus tiles covered by tiles placed during the turn
What's New in Version 2.5.0
Minor bug fixes and improvements
If you think you are good with numbers try playing with out paper or pencil and still use big numbers and multiple operations. Don't try playing on HARD mode until you can figure how to get 40 to 50 points on your turn.
I'm 71 years old, and I approve this game.
Numbler has been a blast since losing my very first game! I discovered this app on Zite, and, as a nerdy Scrabble-junkie, latched on immediately. Unlike Scrabble, Numbler enables players to develop without having to study outside resources. Being able to decompose numbers improves with practice and a willingness to think creatively. I highly recommend Numbler to anyone looking for a challenging and highly addicting past time.
If you enjoy Math games, this is one of the best I have played. Could use more online players so download it and start a game so I can thoroughly kick you butt.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Jun 19, 2013
- Version: 2.5.0
- Size: 16.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Brainingcamp, LLC
- © Brainingcamp, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.