By Yi Lin Productions
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Numeric is a multi-touch calculator for your Mac.
Instead of pointing-and-clicking with your mouse, Numeric is a calculator with keys you can touch directly. The keys on Numeric's keypad are mapped to the same locations on your Mac's multi-touch trackpad. So to press a key, just tap it on your trackpad.
Known Issue in Mountain Lion:
Sometimes the keypad can become unresponsive in Mountain Lion. If this happens, swipe down with two fingers on your trackpad.
Numeric works on any Mac with a multi-touch trackpad, which includes:
• MacBook Air (Late 2010 and later)
• MacBook (Late 2009 and later, or the Aluminum MacBook)
• MacBook Pro (Late 2008 and later)
• Any Mac with Magic Trackpad
In other words, if your trackpad does not have a physical button on it, it will work with Numeric.
Additional features of Numeric include:
• Delete button (top right corner)
• Undo and redo for all actions (Command-Z)
• Scientific notation
• Local number format
What to Expect:
Since you cannot see the number you are pressing on your physical trackpad, do not expect 100% accuracy from Numeric. However, with a little bit of practice, Numeric should be faster than a traditional, point-and-click calculator app. Also, you can always undo or press the delete button if you accidentally hit a wrong key.
What's New in Version 1.1
• Add click sound
• Reduce functional key size so it's less likely to click them by accident
• Replace delete key with undo key, for easily correcting accidental clicks
• Fix bug where computed result has too many digits to fit on display
• Tweak key color so they are easier to see
(If you have experienced the problem where keys sometimes become unresponsive, try update to OS X 10.8.4. In my personal testing I have not experienced this issue on 10.8.4).