Numerical² is the calculator without equal! Whether you’re doing simple math, scientific equations, advanced brackets, or just like a pretty app, Numerical² is the answer!
Use the NEW Today Widget and work straight from Notification Center.
- No equals button! Just type a question and get your answer.
- Brackets are added automatically as you type.
- Equations are automatically saved to the History list, which now syncs with iCloud.
- Rewritten in Swift to be fast fast fast.
- Full scientific keypad including sin/cos/tan, EE, ln, log, square root and more!
- Use the fraction key to do coherent fractional math and your answer is presented in numeric and fractional formats.
- Use Pi, E and infinity to determine the answer to any question, including impossible ones.
- Customise your perfect calculator by changing History position to be behind keyboard or to the side ala Numerical 1.
- Landscape finally works on iPhone.
- Full support for iPad Split Screen multi-tasking.
- Install the Numerical² keyboard so you can calculate a question in any app. Tap a button and the answer is inserted in the text field.
- Made a mistake? Tap the current equation to enter edit mode where you can select characters, insert and delete.
- Options to hide scientific keyboard, change decimal count of answer, and use radians/degrees for angle maths.
- Decimals and grouping symbols are localised.
- Install the Numerical² Keyboard and calculate a question in any textfield in iOS.
- Enable the Today Widget so you can work directly from Notification Center.
- Tap to copy, paste or insert the answer in the currently context.
- History syncs via iCloud.
- Now support external bluetooth keyboards.
- Beautiful minimalist design.
- Apply 16 beautiful themes including new entrants Candy, Mint, Lava and a set of “bright themes”.
- Use the Theme Creator to make your own bright and beautiful color scheme, and name it accordingly.
- Snappy sound effects.
- Numerical² is Free, but you can become a Numerical Supporter if you really like what we’re doing and want to send a few $ our way each month.
If you have any questions or feedback please get in touch:
Developed by @andrewjclark. Designed by @andrewjclark & @alexvanderzon.
We hope you love it <3
- iPhone X layout improvements.
- Decimal selector now goes as low as 2 decimal places.
- Fix for issue where editing equations could add unexpected commas and flip fractions.
Ratings and Reviews
10, iOS 11.x
Characters from longer calculations overlap with “edit” function label on history (when such a calculation is listed first) and lower iOS indicator bar overlaps with center buttons on the bottom row, though there may be no practical workaround for the latter since it is an iOS feature (dark grey is an option other devs have employed as opposed to the bright white displayed in Numerical²). I would also prefer to see more useful common functions (eg, +/-) or the ability to customize available functions for the main screen. The minus (-) function key is highlighted in much the same way was the number keys while the other function keys are not. Perhaps this is intentional, but it appears to be an oversight. I would prefer that the function keys appear the same.
Hands down the best calculator app I've ever used. The themes are fantastic and the ability to create your own theme makes the possibilities endless. Throw in the ability to backspace/delete when you punch in a wrong number, or to go back and see a history of your recent calculations and the option to copy and paste them so you don't have to completely re-type long calculations is especially useful and makes this app a no-brainer. You won't be disappointed.
Unlike the iPhone 7 ios 10 version, you can mute the sounds, see the history of your calculations, and it looks beautiful and simple. There is one piece of feedback. Sometimes the calculator is slow in respond and I think it is because it sometimes thinks I want to slide to the menu.
- Andrew J Clark
- 23.3 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2014 Andrew J Clark
- In-App Purchases
- Theme Pack 1 $1.99
- Numerical Supporter $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.