NumPad Remote - Wireless numeric pad
By Pavel Kanzelsberger
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
NumPad Remote transforms your iPhone, iPod Touch or even your iPad into a wireless numeric pad for your Mac OS X computer. Very handy for MacBook laptops or those with bluetooth wireless keyboard.
In case you're not on your own network and you're using Internet Tethering through your iOS device, you will be able to connect also using Bluetooth, WiFi or USB cable.
* Connects using your WiFi connection (no cables required)
* Automatically discovering computers in your local WiFi network with no setup required
* Comes with connection manager in case you have more than 1 computer. You can even connect to computers outside your local network.
* Universal application, pay once and use on your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad
* Includes configurable special key that could act as Escape, Backspace or Delete
* Keys will repeat when hold as on physical keyboards
* Configurable number delimiter: Period, Comma
* Configurable key layout style: Calculator, Dial pad
* Use it in upside down orientation so your USB cable won't go in your way while charging
* Audio or vibration feedback for key press
* You don't need to turn on ScreenSharing as with other apps and risk somebody in your network will see your desktop
* All connections are safe and authenticated by you, so nobody else takeovers your keypad
To connect to a Mac you need a free Connector (atleast version 2.0.1) app available at http://mediaware.sk/connector
Connector is a small application sitting in your menubar without any distractions. Connector supports OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard, 10.7 Lion and 10.8 Mountain Lion.
What's New in Version 2.1.2
* Fixed landscape mode on 4" iPhone
* Fixed Caps Lock behavior
Initially, it didn't work for me, until I found out that you have to download the Connector App from the dev's website instead of from the App Store. MBP became discoverable immediately.
Works as intended. Is fairly precise considering the virtual keys. I like that the screen inverts when the phone is upside down -- this makes it much easier to charge the phone via USB while using the app
I should have listened to the other reviewers. I have not been able to get this app to work on any device …iPhone 5, iPad …. downloaded the ‘Connector for Mac OS X” to two different MacBook Pros. Numpad Remote doesn’t find either of them. I wrote to the company for advice and have not received an answer. There might be a trick to it, but so far I have no idea what it is. So, at least for now, I have to say this app was a waste of money.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jan 03, 2014
- Version: 2.1.2
- Size: 12.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Pavel Kanzelsberger
- © 2011-2013 Mediaware, s.r.o.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.