NurseMind is a time management and task tracking app for nurses.
It is a smart to-do list. It knows how long things take, assists the nurse in setting priorities, and forgetting none.
Each task has a start time and duration, and the nurse checks it off once it is completed. If a task is late, it turns red. New tasks can be added on the fly. The nurse can look ahead to see what's coming up, and behind to see what's done or overlooked.
Lists can be adapted from generic examples for the workflows at specific hospitals, in specific nursing units, and for the preferences of individual nurses. These fine-tuned lists (organized as shifts and protocols) can be shared hospital-wide. This is of particular value to student nurses and to nurses who float between patient care units.
Protocols include specific treatments and cares required by patients such as mobilization, wound care, and medication administration.
The app helps the nurse to 1) be certain that no tasks are forgotten, 2) manage workflow by anticipating bottlenecks, 3) optimize task combinations such as trips to the supplies room, 4) prioritize by being able to see all pending tasks at a glance and choose what’s most important, and 5) keep track of what’s done and when.
By supporting nurses' on-the-job cognitive burden, it reduces workplace stress and increases patient safety and satisfaction.
The app itself is free, but its access to the backend service (database and support utilities) requires a subscription. The subscription is purchased via in-app purchasing; that is, payment is charged to the user's iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. This is priced as follows:
- The first 30 days (trial period) are free. Any unused portion of this trial period will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to the backend service.
- A monthly subscription costs $3.99/month.
- An annual subscription costs $39.99/year.
- A three-year subscription costs $99.99/3 years.
The user may cancel at any time by so electing in the My Profile screen of the app. If the user does not do so at least 24-hours before the end of the current period, subscription renewal is automatic. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period. This information is clearly and conspicuously disclosed to users.
Bug fixes, 64 bit support
Ratings and Reviews
How can anyone use this?
Developers- have you considered doing some user testing?
I love the idea, has to much potential, but it is COMPLETELY unusable.
There is not a single user/task flow that works all the way through, or it breaks the app entirely.
- graphic representation (could use better UI and graphics that aren't made in Microsoft paint)
- great idea adding tasks related to a patient condition
- text is pretty clear (good hierarchy)
- unstable (horribly)
- navigation makes no sense
- design (seriously..?)
- if I am a nurse working in one hospital, why do I care what the shift type and hospital name are? That's back-end stuff, and leave it there. Don't make me look at it, hopefully I know where I m already!
- time needed for tasks: is that really how long it takes EVERY nurse? User test that... If not, don't bother. They know how long it takes them.
- profile? What's the point? Throw that in with settings and throw away advanced.
I've been looking for an all like this but this one is horrible. Doesn't work very long if you can get it to open at all. Love the idea but it needs to be simplified to IV timers and pan reassessments first. After you can perfect that then it's just a matter of adding in other things. Start small and make sure it works.
Crashed my phone all three times. Too bad I was excited for the potential this has.
- Nurse Tech, Inc.
- 32.4 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2010-2014 Nurse Tech, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- NurseMind nursing time management and checklist app $3.99
- NurseMind nursing time management and checklist app $39.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.