Make accurate nursing diagnoses and develop effective care plans with this comprehensive app. Each diagnosis listing includes a definition, related factors, defining characteristics, prioritized actions/interventions, NIC/NOC classifications, and documentation guidelines. Or, choose by patient symptom and link directly to associated nursing diagnoses.
Features of Nurse’s Pocket Guide include:
• 440 medical conditions with associated nursing diagnoses
• NANDA diagnoses
• Defining characteristics presented subjectively and objectively
• Highlight and make notes within any entry
• Actions/Interventions organized by nursing priority
• Care plan guides
• Icons for cultural, collaborative, community/home care, diagnostic studies, pediatric/geriatric/lifespan, and medications
• NIC and NOC labels for each diagnosis
• Full Text Search helps you find topics quickly
• “Favorites” for bookmarking important entries
Authors: Marilynn E. Doenges, APRN, BC; Mary Francis Moorhouse, RN, MSN, CRRN, LNC; Alice C. Murr, BSN, RN
Publisher: F.A. Davis
Powered by: Unbound Medicine
This latest update provides interface upgrades to help enhance the performance of your app.
If you have further questions about the new features, please contact Unbound Medicine Support.
Thank you for using Nurse's Pocket Guide.
Ratings and Reviews
This app is too expensive!
This app is too expensive and the fact that it is a subscription app makes it a total rip-off to nursing students struggling to make ends meet while in school. I do not recommend at all.
I'm in my 3rd semester in an ADN program and I really wish I bought this app sooner. The book is helpful but the app is even more convenient since you can just carry your phone with you in clinical and don't have to worry about losing your book or having to carry it around.
I gave this app 4 stars because I wish there was some sort of categories for physical, psychosocial, and educational nursing diagnoses.
But other than that it's wonderful and I would strongly suggest purchasing this app! Hopefully the developers make those categories (:
Well worth the investment
This is one of those apps that is more of an investment rather than simply a purchase. The information is detailed and thorough and more than I anticipated. It's not cheap, relative to the usual cost of a typical app, but what you get is invaluable to the nursing student, like myself, and to the practicing professional. I anticipate using this app well after graduation in a couple of months.
- Unbound Medicine, Inc.
- 16.4 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2019 Unbound Medicine, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Nurse's Pocket Guide 14e $48.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.