Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
NW Ferry is a traveling companion for commuters and tourists looking to ride the Washington State Ferry system (WSF). From accurate schedules and fares, to timely alerts, terminal cameras and vessel location information, NW Ferry keeps you informed and ready to navigate the Puget Sound with confidence.
View a demo here: http://durbinware.com/products/nw-ferry/demo
* Schedules, fares, terminal cameras, alerts and vessel location information are all available in a clear, cohesive user interface. Simply select departing and arriving terminals along with an optional date to quickly retrieve the information you need.
* Includes a today widget that allows you to see upcoming ferry departure times for the terminal that is closest to your current location.
* Packs an Apple Watch app for retrieving the ferry schedule along with a "Closest Terminal" glance for determining the next departure time.
* For select terminals view Terminal Status in the Schedule tab (approximation of remaining vehicle drive-up and reservation spaces for upcoming departures).
* Includes a map view that shows the WSF vessels in real time as they travel across the Puget Sound.
* Tap the reverse direction button to swap departing & arriving terminals.
Provides WSF ferry information for the following terminals:
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Durbinware
NW Ferry requires an Internet connection in order to initially cache schedule and fare data for a specific terminal combination & date.
Note that NW Ferry is in no way affiliated with WSDOT or the Washington State Ferries. However, it makes use of WSDOT's publicly available "Traveler API" (http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/traffic/api/). This API is subject to change at any time. In the unlikely event of a drastic change, NW Ferry's functionality may be affected.
Attribution: the NW Ferry app preview uses the song "SAILOR'S LAMENT" by Jason Shaw.
What's New in Version 4.1.0
* Added an Apple Watch app that delivers scheduled ferry departures to your wrist.
* Added a "Closest Terminal" glance for Apple Watch - easily view the next departure time.
Enjoying these enhancements? Please consider rating NW Ferry in the App Store & recommending it to your friends!
Adapt widget to help islanders
It would be so much more helpful if the widget allowed the user to choose one ferry, and brought up the schedule for that ferry only depending on what side they were on. It is not helpful for me to see the loading times for each ferry I drive by, because I am headed for one ferry. It would also be helpful if it always showed the ferry times and not arrival suggestions (the peak hours notes instead of boat times).
Just a little short of expectation
I like this app and find it useful. It does not get a 5, however, because it lacks some two important features:
1) It should show estimated times of arrival for the various sailings. AT LEAST, show the estimated times in route. This is a glaring error and, as I do not frequent the ferries other than occasionally, I have to eventually go to the web site to find this. Maybe it is in the app and I just can't find it.
2) There is nothing explaining what "drive up" meant; I had to go to the creator's web site to find what that was in the video. There should be some kind of minimal help or better labeling.
Regardless, the app is good and useful. It could be wonderful with these improvements!
Please support more than 1 close terminal
Pleeeease support the 2 closest terminals or allow the 2 terminals shown in the Notification Center widget to be custom picked. Pleeeease. Same with the 3D Touch shortcut
I live in Seattle and need to get to Port Ludlow. I quickly need to know the 2 upcoming ferry times for Both the Seattle and Edmonds ferry and then when returning home need to know the Bainbridge Island and Kingston times.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: May 18, 2016
- Version: 4.1.0
- Size: 25.4 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Durbinware
- © 2017 Durbinware
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.