Stay informed with the news of Northwest Arkansas, the region and the world with the Northwest Arkansas Democrat-Gazette’s ePaper app. Readers can enjoy the newspaper as they would in print with the capability of flipping through news pages with every article and advertisement that published that day. Readers can quickly zoom from section to section and zoom in to read articles of interest.
New Features and Bug Fixes:
- Quickly access new content and read titles as they are downloading. Can be turned on / off
- Improved SmartFlow to display an image correctly in the Article reading page and Copy menu
- Adjusted SmartFlow service call address to be functional consistently
- Added missing translation for French on SmartFlow
- Removed reference to old unused code, previous flip animation when opening a title
- Adjusted account sign-in button to be displayed consistently on navigation bar
- Adjusted SmartFlow to display correct picture to articles
- Red ribbon as free title indicator
- Adjusted audio stream handling to prevent app from crashing
- Corrected display of page numbers when title is loading in spread view
- Updated link to new PressReader Help centre
- Adjusted optimization of pdf loading ranges for active pages
- Detailed instruction is provided when sharing article by email for device/trial users
- Supports instruction footer customization in sign-in window
- Supports Catalan language
- For RSS article improved paragraph format handling
- For RSS feed, date/time format adjusted to Central Time
- A page slider and placeholder image are implemented when page is loading
- New resizable launch screen is introduced: when enabled, PressReader logo is added to the launch screen
- Squashed iOS9 bugs related to reading, order pages, and logging
- Adjusted some race cases of download being corrupted after suspending and resuming downloading
- Issue with hardware keyboard when writing feedback e-mail
- Displaying blurry images during partial downloading and reading
- Issues with Facebook,Twitter log-in when these apps are installed in the system
- prevent crashes reported by some users
- Fixes an issue displaying duplicate accounts information
- "Download" button is now labelled "Open" and opens issue for immediate reading as they are downloading
- Updated G00GLE Analytics library
- Restored previous user experience of opening the order screen when publication thumbnail is tapped
- Supports 3D touch shortcuts for online/catalog view if online view is available
- Supports RSS feed with split view article and multiple channels
- RSS article view font size adjust
Ratings and Reviews
A great front end application, but poor support
The free trial is impressive and definitely had me ready to become a subscriber. However, the process of subscribing was horrible. Maybe I pressed a wrong button or maybe the process was messed up, but the really bad part was that it took days and days to get resolved. I made multiple calls to the rude circulation department who kept telling me to just wait and it would start working. Eventually I finally found someone in tech support who helped and it worked great....for a while. It appears the subscription stopped after one month. I'm not going through that again. Goodbye NWA Online.
Great idea, but way too many issues
This app has way too many flaws and bugs. Issues with download percent displaying correctly. There is no way to select your other papers to download from the 'store' after the initial application download. For example, i subscribe to the Benton county daily record and to the Arkansas democrat gazette, northwest Arkansas edition. Not given the option to select democrat gazette and download a different days issue.
Please fix. Great idea but very poor rollout.
Don't rely on it
When this thing works, it is a nice convenience. The problem is that too often it doesn't work. The paper is supposed to automatically download each morning but every week or two it doesn't and the solution is to manually download it, or worse, delete the app and reinstall it. It often locks up and requires that you remove it and reinstall it as well.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.