The Preservation Society of Newport County, Rhode Island's largest cultural organization, preserves and protects the best of Newport County's architectural heritage. Its 11 historic properties and landscapes - seven of which are National Historic Landmarks - trace America's architectural and social development from the Colonial era through the Gilded Age. In keeping with its mission, the Society strives to offer its members and the public a comprehensive view of each property's architecture, interiors, landscapes and social history.
Welcome to the NewportMansions app; one of Newport's and the nation's treasures. This app will provide you an Audio-Visual tour of the Newport's finest mansion's. Experience the tour with never before seen images, stories and audio recordings of the national historic landmark.
1. Learn more about The Elms and the other mansions such as The Breakers, Marble House and Rosecliff
2. Empower yourself with the different artifacts and stories associated with them
3. Self guided tour with the information about the different rooms along with the floor map
4. View the astounding home decor items of the 18th century and also an opportunity to but souvenirs for you and your family
Ratings and Reviews
Almost like being there!
I have been coming to the Mansions since I was a child in 1976. This app is a great way to experience the Mansions, (although not as good as being there!) The app lets you enjoy the audio tour of the Elms, (I can't wait for the other tours to become available), and seeing pictures of the rooms that the audio tour plays on. I also enjoy how you can also listen to the side tour information. This app is very much like the audio tour that is provided at the Elms. I like how I can re-live the tour whenever I want to. I can't wait for the other homes to be available and I am hopeful for some "deep track" information bravo to the Preservation Society for this app!
Super convenient, easy to use, excellent addition to mansions!
I downloaded the app and all of the mansion tours inside (all free) at home and then used it during my visit to the mansions. It was super convenient. I'm glad I didn't have to take the audio player they offer. The app was modern, allowed me to choose what to listen to, and overall enjoy the experience.
- Action Data Systems Llc
- 36.8 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © The Preservation Society of Newport County
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.