NYT Cooking - Recipes from The New York Times
By The New York Times Company
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Introducing The New York Times Cooking app for iOS. Browse, search and save more than 17,000 recipes from The New York Times, featuring beautiful photography, and easy-to-follow instructions.
• Browse The Times’s archive of recipes, with new recipes added each week
• Search more than 17,000 recipes by diet, cuisine type, preparation method, meal type and more
• Save your favorite NYT recipes, as well as recipes from other websites, all in your personal recipe box
• Mark recipes you’ve cooked, rate recipes, and leave notes for fellow cooks or just for yourself for when you cook again
• Access your saved recipes anywhere you use NYT Cooking, including desktop, iPhone and iPad
• Link Evernote with NYT Cooking to keep all your recipes in one place and use Evernote to save recipes from other websites and cookbooks. Recipes you save in NYT Cooking will sync with Evernote, and vice versa
• Share your favorite recipes with friends and family via Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and email
• Plus: The app display won’t go to sleep while you’re cooking—we keep it awake for you as long as a recipe is onscreen.
In addition to these core features, the iPad App allows you to also:
• Discover recipes recommended just for you
• Organize your recipes into customizable collections
• Learn to cook with instructional technique videos
The New York Times Cooking app for iOS is free.
Feedback? Suggestions? Problems? Please contact us at email@example.com or from within the app itself. Your feedback is important to us, and we’ll do our best to assist you.
What's New in Version 2.12.1
Small performance and app improvements.
'Tis a thing of beauty
Just having a handy and easy-to-use portal to every NYT cooking recipe would be good enough, but this app also allows you to save recipes from other sites in your "recipe box." Lovely.
But primarily you have thousands of great meals and a variety of ways to filter, sort and search through them. Extra bonus: the app stays open while it sits on the counter during however long it takes you to prep. Brilliant and simple - just like a good meal.
Great app, great recipes!
A mix of complex and quick recipes. Plenty of ideas for most ingredients. I like the Evernote integration because that's where I store the rest of my recipes.
One improvement I'd like to see is the ability to assign multiple categories at once without having to go through the entire process with each category.
...and we're back!
They fixed the recipe of the day! More recipes to tempt my weekend cooking.
The app is wonderful, like most reviewers have said. Found some great recipes, simple to complex.
After a while, this app used 3.2 Gigabytes of space on my iPad mini. There should be an option (other than deleting and reinstalling) to remove cached data.
NYTimes app support was very quick to reply to my email about his issue. Apple does not permit this feature on any apps other than browsers. So, if you need the clear out space, you need to delete the app, reinstall and sign back to in to the app. Your saved recipes will all still be there.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Food & Drink
- Updated: Dec 06, 2016
- Version: 2.12.1
- Size: 107 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: The New York Times Company (iDP)
- © 2014 The New York Times
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.