By The New York Times Company
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Introducing the NYT Cooking app for iOS. Browse, search and save more than 18,000 recipes from The New York Times, featuring beautiful photography, and easy-to-follow instructions.
• Browse The Times’s archive of recipes, with new recipes added each week
• Search more than 18,000 recipes by diet, cuisine type, preparation method, meal type and more
• Save your favorite NYT recipes, as well as recipes from other websites, all in your personal recipe box
• Mark recipes you’ve cooked, rate recipes, and leave notes for fellow cooks or just for yourself for when you cook again
• Access your saved recipes anywhere you use NYT Cooking, including desktop, iPhone and iPad
• Share your favorite recipes with friends and family via Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and email
• Plus: The app display won’t go to sleep while you’re cooking—we keep it awake for you as long as a recipe is onscreen.
In addition to these core features, the iPad App allows you to also:
• Discover recipes recommended just for you
• Organize your recipes into customizable collections
• Learn to cook with instructional technique videos
• Monthly NYT Cooking subscription: $4.99. Cancel anytime.
• Annual NYT Cooking subscription: $39.99. Cancel anytime.
Your payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. Your subscription will automatically renew each month or year 24-hours before the end of the current period, and your credit card will be charged through your iTunes account unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. You can turn off auto-renew at any time from your iTunes account settings. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
Terms of Service: https://www.nytimes.com/content/help/rights/terms/terms-of-service.html
Feedback? Suggestions? Problems? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or from within the app itself. Your feedback is important to us, and we’ll do our best to assist you.
What's New in Version 3.2.1
This features includes small enhancements and bug fixes.
If you like our app, please take a moment to rate us in the App Store. For bug reports or complaints, you can reach us at email@example.com.
Please fix rating system!
Updated 30 Nov 2017 ***Hallelujah, they changed their rating system back to the old version. The stars are back and the app is again 5 stars!
I use the app daily. Recently, NYT changed it so that now we can’t see how recipes are rated! For example, I would sometimes gravitate to recipes that were 4 or 5 stars since they gave the impression that they were good, and tried and true. Now it’s been replaced with you ‘Rate’ the recipe which is not as helpful - aside from the comments. The lack of transparency of how other cooks are rating their recipes is a huge loss. Please bring back your old rating system!
Wonderful enhancement to Web experience
Paid apps often have the uneven ratings distribution you see here- lots of 4- and 5- star ratings for the app itself, 1-star from people who didn't understand or like the pricing. Judge the cost/value for yourself, knowing that use of this app is included with a times digital sub and ties in beautifully with that experience.
The app is lovely, recipes easy to find and use, and for me the editorial quality is perfect. My favorite food writers are here. I'm always inspired by the suggestions. If I don't know what to cook I can always turn to my recipe box.
Excellent recipes, captures recipes on other sites as well
This app is free with a NYT subscription, which I read avidly. The recipes are included in a food column that gives background and context. I often tweak a recipe or use it to verify I'm on the right track with my own ideas. Also it's quite handy for saving recipes from other sites.
- Category: Food & Drink
- Updated: Nov 20, 2017
- Version: 3.2.1
- Size: 92.0 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: The New York Times Company (iDP)
- © 2014 The New York Times
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- NYT Cooking$4.99
- NYT Cooking$39.99