Introducing the NYT Cooking app for iOS. Browse, search and save more than 18,000 recipes from The New York Times, featuring beautiful photography, and easy-to-follow instructions.
• Browse The Times’s archive of recipes, with new recipes added each week
• Search more than 18,000 recipes by diet, cuisine type, preparation method, meal type and more
• Save your favorite NYT recipes, as well as recipes from other websites, all in your personal recipe box
• Mark recipes you’ve cooked, rate recipes, and leave notes for fellow cooks or just for yourself for when you cook again
• Access your saved recipes anywhere you use NYT Cooking, including desktop, iPhone and iPad
• Share your favorite recipes with friends and family via Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and email
• Plus: The app display won’t go to sleep while you’re cooking—we keep it awake for you as long as a recipe is onscreen.
In addition to these core features, the iPad App allows you to also:
• Discover recipes recommended just for you
• Organize your recipes into customizable collections
• Learn to cook with instructional technique videos
• Monthly NYT Cooking subscription: $4.99. Cancel anytime.
• Annual NYT Cooking subscription: $39.99. Cancel anytime.
Your payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. Your subscription will automatically renew each month or year 24-hours before the end of the current period, and your credit card will be charged through your iTunes account unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. You can turn off auto-renew at any time from your iTunes account settings. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
Terms of Service: https://www.nytimes.com/content/help/rights/terms/terms-of-service.html
Feedback? Suggestions? Problems? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or from within the app itself. Your feedback is important to us, and we’ll do our best to assist you.
We added a new feature for login, making it easier to sign in to the app if you are logged in with your NYTimes account on the web. This version also includes some bug fixes on the home screen.
If you like our app, please take a moment to rate us in the App Store. For bug reports or suggestions, you can reach us at email@example.com.
Ratings and Reviews
With its gorgeous photos and step-by-step instructions, this compilation of more than 15,000 recipes from The New York Times’ vaults belongs in every kitchen. We love how easy it is to save and search for recipes, and themed collections like “Easy Cakes,” “Beer Cocktails,” and “A Taste of New Orleans” are a mouth-watering delight. The app also features dozens of short instructional videos on topics like trussing chicken and julienning peppers—perfect for novice chefs eager to dive in and start cooking.
Top App that I use
The functionality of the NYTimes cooking app is unparalleled. The depth and breadth of the recipes in the times database is amazing by itself. The fact that you can also store your apps from other websites makes this pure genius. People thought I was crazy when I installed a computer in my kitchen many years ago, but the kitchen computer is invaluable and is the NYTimes cooking app. Bravo!
A veritable treasure chest of great recipes. Instant subscriber here!
- The New York Times Company (iDP)
- 60.6 MB
- Food & Drink
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2014 The New York Times
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly Cooking Subscription $4.99
- Annual Cooking Subscription $39.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.