NYT Now—Your Guide to the News
By The New York Times Company
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
** App Store Best of 2014 **
NYT Now from The New York Times is your guide to the news. It’s the fastest way to get caught up on what you need to know.
NYT Now editors work around the clock to bring you the best stories from The New York Times and around the web in one simple, easy-to-use app.
NYT Now Includes:
• A selection of the best stories from The New York Times and around the web, all hand-picked by our editors.
• Article summaries and bullet points to catch you up on the news quickly.
• A Morning Briefing to prepare you for the day ahead.
• Content that’s updated around the clock with the newest stories right at the top of your feed.
The app is free to download and use.
If you have any problems, comments or suggestions for improving our app, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, call 1-800-591-9233 or find us at @nytnow on Twitter. Your feedback is important to us.
What's New in Version 2.0.2
- Snippets: Share snippets of New York Times articles by selecting text within the article
- Handoff Support: Continue reading stories on your Mac or other iOS devices
- Reduces the amount of space the app uses on the iPhone
- Improves scrolling performance
- Makes visual tweaks to the feed and share cards
- Fixes an issue where in certain cases swiping on an alert would not open an article
- Fixes an issue where readers were unable to save to Safari Reading List
Great, except for two things...
Love the nyt now app. Use it all the time. The latest version has two frustrating features.
1. Love the daily briefings on photos, but sometimes can't swipe away the text to reveal the picture or advance to the next story. The app requires enough space to swipe it away and sometimes it is difficult to find the space. Please make it easier to see and remove the text overlay on the briefing photos.
2. Sometimes the daily briefing (morning and evening) have bold face of interesting stories, but no way to link to more info or longer stories. Some stories I want to get more info on. Please add a link to the longer story.
Thanks. Otherwise five stars. But those two features really bug me. :(
As a journalist, I think of this app as not only a great source of news, but as an indispensable tool of my trade. The Morning Briefing is the first thing I read every morning and I love the alerts it sends for breaking news, which has meant being the first to know about everything from the legalization of same sex marriage to the recent Volkswagen scandal. I also love that the app's editors curate great stories from other publications and in turn expose me to great journalism outside the Times. This app has made me a much more informed and present person and I can't wait to see how the Times continues to iterate on it.
I'm 15 years old and I use the nyt app every day. Every article is interesting and has something to offer. Also it's free ! Can you believe that the most prestigious news source in the world is giving its news away for free(i hope they can afford it).I just love the New York Times!
My goal eventually is to get a job at the New York Times. If they are still in business. I went to New York last summer and I visited the Times headquarters. I just hope that it can adapt and survive in the digital age.
- Category: News
- Updated: Jun 11, 2015
- Version: 2.0.2
- Size: 12.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: The New York Times Company (iDP)
- © The New York Times
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.