Stay up to date wherever you go. Enjoy award-winning journalism with the NYT app for iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch.
• News alerts: Get notified of major developing stories, and tailor alerts to topics of interest
• Multitasking: on an iPad? Get caught up on the day’s headlines while also working in other apps
• Morning & evening briefings: Start and end your day with a tip sheet compiled by Times journalists
• The Daily 360: Watch a new 360 video every day from Times reporters around the world
• Podcasts: Listen to audio series including The Daily and Modern Love
• Save articles to read later on any of your devices
• Customize your list of favorite sections and blogs
• Exclusive videos and award-winning photography
Apple Watch Features:
• Catch up quickly by reading today's headlines.
• Receive alerts when big news breaks.
• Use Handoff to continue reading on your iPhone, or touch Save for Later to build a personal reading list.
The NYT app is free to download, and all users can access a sampling of articles per month, from any section. Subscribers get full access to over 25 sections, plus unlimited access to NYTimes.com, with a Times Digital Subscription.
Subscribe now and your first week is free.*
Digital Subscription Options:
• Basic - unlimited digital access for $14.99 per month or $129.99 per year (save over 25%). Cancel anytime.
• All Access - unlimited digital access, plus access to the NYT Crossword, NYT Cooking, and one bonus digital subscription for $24.99 per month. Cancel anytime.
Your payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. Your subscription will automatically renew each month or year 24-hours before the end of the current period, and your credit card will be charged through your iTunes account unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. You can turn off auto-renew at any time from your iTunes account settings. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
Terms of Service: https://www.nytimes.com/content/help/rights/terms/terms-of-service.html
Questions Concerns? Please contact us at email@example.com or (800) 591-9233. We respond to every inquiry.
* Promotional offers for new subscribers only. Not valid for Digital Access $129.99 per year subscription option. Smartphone and tablet apps are not supported on all devices. NYTimes.com + Smartphone Apps, NYTimes.com + Tablet Apps and Digital Access subscriptions do not include e-reader editions. Prices shown are in U.S. dollars. Other restrictions apply.
• Minor bug fixes.
• We’re always working on improving the app, and would love to hear your feedback. Have questions or concerns? Send us an email at iOS@nytimes.com
Ratings and Reviews
My source for news
The NYT is my go to source for quality news. While it tends to have a left-leaning (but not leftist) tilt, the main articles are edited so that only the news the presented with only faint hints of bias. Of course, the opinion pieces are typically leftist or left-leaning, I read them too for more...general ideas on the topics they talk about. I do wish they had a permanent right-leaning opinion writer, it would make the paper that much better! The science section is pretty decent- they cover a wide array of topics such as cloning, space exploration, general physics and biology, immunology, psychology, and the rare chemistry article. The biology articles are a bit basic for me (I’m biology phD student), but from reading articles about different disciplines let’s me appreciate how well they are able to break down and present difficult scientific papers in a way that the lay person (at least one who payed SOME attention in HS science classes) can understand them. Thankfully I receive my subscription through my school (CUNY Grad Center), but I would definitely pay for it if need be.
Simple, extremely well-curated, outstanding content
This is the app I spend the most time with, hands down. The content is top-notch: succinct, trustworthy, professional. It’s such a breath of fresh air compared to the sensationalism and shoddy reporting we’re exposed to on social media. I spend 1/2 to an hour every night reading through the Top Stories tab, then finish up with their one-minute crossword.
As for the app itself, I don’t understand all the 1-Star reviews; I’ve had zero problems with it, and just can’t fathom how one could rate an app ONE star because the app has ads. It’s a newspaper folks, they have to support themselves somehow right? I would actually rate this app higher if I could just based on the fact that their ads are relatively tasteful and not CPU or bandwidth-hogging, or full-screen takeovers. I’ve really enjoyed some of the multimedia stories like the long-scrolling, annotated video graphic of Greenland’s melting ice park. Really, really love this app
Millennial going for print
I have been a New York Times subscriber for digital and weekend print edition for almost 12 years now. I have always liked their news coverage,opinions, articles about everyday stuff that I could believe could be so interesting, Mini crossword, and almost everything they publish. But in the past few years the online version has become addictive and the way they seem to do it is by taping in the outrageous feeling and then suggests more articles like it. It’s very draining to feeling that way day in and day out. I can’t believe I come back to get more of it. I feel some articles have become to click-baity. That should not be the way to customer engagement and keeping them there longer.I don’t like that my attention is being used this way by a product that I pay for.
Weekend with the print edition is so much better no way going down a rabbit hole and can stay away from the comments. I feel I’m in more control of the time I spent reading print. But I guess print won’t last beyond a few more years. Sigh!
- The New York Times Company (iDP)
- 132.7 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2017, The New York Times Company
- In-App Purchases
- NYTimes.com + Smartphone App $14.99
- Basic $14.99
- All Digital Access $34.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.