NYTimes for iPad – Breaking National & World News
By The New York Times Company
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Introducing the New York Times app for iPad.
Experience The Times’s in-depth journalism, elegantly designed with enhanced imagery and multimedia and streamlined navigation. The NYTimes app also includes our International Edition with global news and cultural content from our 50 bureaus around the world.
• Breaking news alerts: Get notified of major developing stories, and tailor alerts to topics of interest including business, politics and sports
• Morning briefings: Start your day with a tip sheet compiled by Times journalists
• Save articles to read later on any of your devices
• Today widget: Top headlines are always just a swipe away
• Pick up where you left off on another device with Handoff
• International edition: Global news and coverage from dozens of bureaus around the world
• Exclusive videos and award-winning photography
• Customize your list of favorite sections and blogs
The NYTimes app is free to download, and all users can access up to 10 free articles per month, from any section. Subscribers get full access to over 25 sections, plus unlimited access to NYTimes.com, with a Times Digital Subscription.
Subscribe now and your first week is free.*
• Unlimited access to this app + NYTimes.com for $14.99 per month. Cancel anytime.
• All Digital Access (including the NYTimes apps for iPhone and iPad + NYTimes.com) for $34.99 per month. Cancel anytime.
All Digital Access members may also share their subscription with a family member.
• Times Premier (including All Digital Access) for $44.99 per month. Times Premier members also receive Times Insider blog access on the iOS apps, as well as web access to the Times Insider blog, Times Talks, TBooks, special Times crosswords and more.
Your subscription will automatically renew each month and your credit card will be charged through your iTunes account. You can turn off auto-renew at any time from your iTunes account settings.
Feedback? Suggestions? Issues? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (800) 591-9233. We’ll do our best to assist you. Your feedback is important to us.
*Promotional offers for new subscribers only. Smartphone and tablet apps are not supported on all devices. NYTimes.com + Smartphone Apps, NYTimes.com + Tablet Apps and All Digital Access subscriptions do not include e-reader editions, Times Premier content, or The New York Times Crossword. Prices shown are in U.S. dollars. Other restrictions apply.
What's New in Version 3.9
Hello, home screen. If you have iOS 9, you can now move the NYTimes icon out of the Newsstand folder.
Want to work for our team? Check out the new About page in Settings.
Previously would not let me log in on my ipad since ios 9 update. Now, I can log in but it does no good - I still get limited content. Seems to be some conflict between itunes subscription login (which I do not have) vs. login to a subscription directly from NYT - which I do have but do not need if I cannot use it. May very well be an Apple 'issue'.
THE REAL PROBLEM: Since the last ipad ios update, to 9.0.2, I cannot read it on Safari, either (which is actually my preferred way), because the article display jumps around. There have been problems with this since ios9. I hope dumping Safari might help.
NYT is good but terrible app
App is terrible, sometimes works, sometimes does not. I have been a subscriber on iPad for several years with intermittent problem. The latest I have to enter my log in information every time I open it otherwise It says I don’t subscribe to NYT. I am done!
Very sick of this. My husband has the NYT on kindle— never had any problems with that! Canceling my NYT subscription on iPad. What a waste of money the last few months, hardly ever used it.
Enjoy it... When it works
I really like this app, but over the last couple of weeks I continue to be asked it for my login information. I enter it, but the subscription page doesn't go away and I'm unable to read anything. I have no problems with the website, so I know my login credentials are correct. Help!!
- Category: News
- Updated: Sep 14, 2015
- Version: 3.9
- Size: 26.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: The New York Times Company (iDP)
- © 2015, The New York Times Company
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- NYTimes.com + Tablet App$19.99
- All Digital Access$34.99
- Times Insider$44.99
- All Digital Access$34.99