NYTimes for iPad – Breaking Local, National & World News
By The New York Times Company
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Introducing the New York Times app for iPad.
Experience The Times’s in-depth journalism, elegantly designed with enhanced imagery and multimedia and streamlined navigation. The NYTimes app also includes our International Edition with global news and cultural content from our 50 bureaus around the world.
• Breaking news alerts: Get notified of major developing stories, and tailor alerts to topics of interest including business, politics and sports
• Morning briefings: Start your day with a tip sheet compiled by Times journalists
• Save articles to read later on any of your devices
• Today widget: Top headlines are always just a swipe away
• Pick up where you left off on another device with Handoff
• International edition: Global news and coverage from dozens of bureaus around the world
• Exclusive videos and award-winning photography
• Customize your list of favorite sections and blogs
The NYTimes app is free to download, and all users can access up to 10 free articles per month, from any section. Subscribers get full access to over 25 sections, plus unlimited access to NYTimes.com, with a Times Digital Subscription.
Subscribe now and your first week is free.*
• Digital Access - unlimited digital access anytime, anywhere, on any device for $14.99 per month or $119.99 per year (save up to $5 per month). Cancel anytime.
• Times Insider - unlimited digital access anytime, anywhere, on any device plus one complimentary digital subscription to share for $24.99 per month. Cancel anytime.
• Times Insider members also receive access to the Times Insider blog, TimesTalks videos, TBooks, special Times crosswords and Times Archives from 1851.
Your subscription will automatically renew each month or year, and your credit card will be charged through your iTunes account. You can turn off auto-renew at any time from your iTunes account settings.
Questions Concerns? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (800) 591-9233. We respond to every inquiry.
* Promotional offers for new subscribers only. Not valid for Digital Access $119.99 per year subscription option. Smartphone and tablet apps are not supported on all devices. NYTimes.com + Smartphone Apps, NYTimes.com + Tablet Apps and Digital Access subscriptions do not include e-reader editions, Times Insider content, or The New York Times Crossword. Prices shown are in U.S. dollars. Other restrictions apply.
What's New in Version 3.13
Some new features to make for a more enjoyable reading experience:
• You can now write and reply to comments on articles. (We heard your requests and appreciate the patience.)
• On iOS 9? Search for New York Times stories using Spotlight Search and read them in the app.
Best News Source
I've been reading the New York Times since I was in my early teens. My parents read the Times and my two grown sons do the same. The Times has always been the primary news source for my multi-generational family.
Although nothing beats home delivery the Times application on my portable devices is a very close second. Not only do I have the best information at my fingertips I can easily search articles in the past. One of the most beneficial aspects of the application is the morning and afternoon briefings. These are better than great for the start and end of the day. Kudos to The Times for a job well done.
I can't imagine not reading the NYT each day on the app. NYT has done the best job I've seen of integrating media to bring news, even redefining "news" to fit the wider possibilities of audio, video, and interactivity. The hyperlinks to background information and related stories would be a huge benefit alone, but the app doesn't stop there at all. The independent short documentary and creative videos are either a joy to watch or a way to learn about a subject that's not as easily covered in print. For cooks, the seamless integration of the cooking area with the NYT Cooking app goes way beyond helpful. It quickly becomes essential.
NYT via its app is the anchor of my day
Being retired and less mobile than I used to be, the Times keeps me connected to a world of stimulating and provocative ideas. It has replaced my weekly trip to my neighborhood bar for social interaction. It is a truly qualitative life enhancer.
My only suggestion would be to include more thorough web references to cited or related material such as court documents and web sites. It should be no surprise that New York Times readers thirst for more depth.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: News
- Updated: Jan 27, 2016
- Version: 3.13
- Size: 42.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: The New York Times Company (iDP)
- © 2015, The New York Times Company
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- NYTimes.com + Tablet App$19.99
- All Digital Access$34.99
- Digital Access$14.99
- Times Insider$44.99
- Digital Access - Annual Offer$119.99
- All Digital Access$34.99