NYTimes for iPad
By The New York Times Company
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Introducing the new NYTimes app for iPad, now optimized for iOS 7. Experience The Times’s award-winning journalism, elegantly redesigned with enhanced imagery and multimedia, unique section fronts and streamlined navigation. The New York Times app now includes a new International Edition with global news and cultural content drawing on our 50 bureaus around the world.
Features of this app include:
• Multimedia— view videos and slide shows within articles and in the Videos and Photos sections
• Save articles to revisit later from any device, and add your favorite blogs to your section list so that they are always updated and easily accessible
• Share articles, photos and videos through Facebook, Twitter, e-mail, SMS and AirDrop
• Breaking news alerts — be the first to read about events as soon as they occur
• Edit your section list so your favorite sections are just a swipe away
The app is free to download, and all users can access up to 10 free articles per month, from any section. Subscribers get full access to over 25 sections plus unlimited access to NYTimes.com on any device, with a Times Digital Subscription. Subscribe today and your first week is free.*
Your subscription options:
• NYTimes.com + Tablet Apps for $19.99 per month
• All Digital Access (including the NYTimes app for iPhone and iPad, plus unlimited access to NYTimes.com) for $34.99 per month
Your subscription will automatically renew each month and your credit card will be charged through your iTunes account. You can turn off auto-renew at any time from your iTunes account settings.
If you have any problems, comments or suggestions for improving our app, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, call 1-800-591-9233, or find us at @NYTimesMobile on Twitter and we will do our best to assist you. Your feedback is important to us.
* Introductory offer only valid for first-time subscribers. Offer valid once per user. Does not include Premium Crosswords or The New York Times Crosswords apps. Other restrictions apply.
What's New in Version 3.0.8
• Breaking News notifications now link to developing stories.
• Fixes a bug that causes the captions on photos and slide shows to be cut off.
• Fixes a number of crashes.
Congrats on screwing up a good thing
The old interface was excellent ... navigate section by section, swipe right to see additional content within that section. Easy to navigate. Now we have a great big long scrolling nightmare that shows only a few from each section unless you use the annoying + button to expand which you must hit multiple times for every section to get a quick overview of the day's news. And to access the sections menu everything slides to the right so nothing works well.
Clear case of allowing a techno geek to make content decisions instead of a designer who actually uses the app. Way to go.
And thanks for springing it on us and deleting all the content we saved over the last year or two. Icing on the cake.
Recurrent problems recognizing iTunes subscriptions
I have an active subscription with iTunes but suddenly the app tells me I don't have a subscription.
This has happened multiple times. A total pain...
It's a good app but I wish it had a nighttime reading mood like the one for the Droid
- Category: News
- Updated: Mar 07, 2014
- Version: 3.0.8
- Size: 11.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: The New York Times Company (iDP)
- © 2014, The New York Times Company
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- NYTimes.com + Tablet APP$19.99
- All Digital Access$34.99