NYTimes for iPad – Breaking National & World News
By The New York Times Company
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Introducing the New York Times app for iPad.
Experience The Times’s in-depth journalism, elegantly designed with enhanced imagery and multimedia and streamlined navigation. The NYTimes app also includes our International Edition with global news and cultural content from our 50 bureaus around the world.
• Breaking news alerts: Get notified of major developing stories, and tailor alerts to topics of interest including business, politics and sports
• Morning briefings: Start your day with a tip sheet compiled by Times journalists
• Save articles to read later on any of your devices
• Today widget: Top headlines are always just a swipe away
• Pick up where you left off on another device with Handoff
• International edition: Global news and coverage from dozens of bureaus around the world
• Exclusive videos and award-winning photography
• Customize your list of favorite sections and blogs
The NYTimes app is free to download, and all users can access up to 10 free articles per month, from any section. Subscribers get full access to over 25 sections, plus unlimited access to NYTimes.com, with a Times Digital Subscription.
Subscribe now and your first week is free.*
• Unlimited access to this app + NYTimes.com for $14.99 per month. Cancel anytime.
• All Digital Access (including the NYTimes apps for iPhone and iPad + NYTimes.com) for $34.99 per month. Cancel anytime.
All Digital Access members may also share their subscription with a family member.
• Times Premier (including All Digital Access) for $44.99 per month. Times Premier members also receive Times Insider blog access on the iOS apps, as well as web access to the Times Insider blog, Times Talks, TBooks, special Times crosswords and more.
Your subscription will automatically renew each month and your credit card will be charged through your iTunes account. You can turn off auto-renew at any time from your iTunes account settings.
Feedback? Suggestions? Issues? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (800) 591-9233. We’ll do our best to assist you. Your feedback is important to us.
*Promotional offers for new subscribers only. Smartphone and tablet apps are not supported on all devices. NYTimes.com + Smartphone Apps, NYTimes.com + Tablet Apps and All Digital Access subscriptions do not include e-reader editions, Times Premier content, or The New York Times Crossword. Prices shown are in U.S. dollars. Other restrictions apply.
What's New in Version 3.8.4
Videos will load more quickly and buffer less. We also fixed a number of crashes.
As always, please email email@example.com with questions, complaints or suggestions.
Terrible app, fraudulent billing!
The app is unreliable at storing articles for offline reading. You can’t count on it.
The app is loaded with ads, which does not bespeak an expensive subscription.
The writing is good, but not worth the money. There’s plenty of good, free news out there.
What’s worse is their consumer fraud, which I have passed on to my state Attorney General’s office, who has agreed to investigate.
I called to cancel the subscription, have proof of the call, was told it was cancelled, yet the New York Times continued to bill me for 10 months.
They refused to refund anything, then grudgingly offered to refund only 3 months! Unacceptable! My credit card is disputing all the charges, given phone-records of my call to cancel, and NYT’s admission that I called to cancel. My state Attorney General’s office is investigating. I gave NYT a chance to make it right before filing a fraud complaint, but they refused.
Only a fool would buy a subscription from this company!
(Admittedly, I should have noticed sooner, but also had a student subscription, so didn’t notice that the full-price one didn’t cancel.)
ONE & ONLY newspaper to read
We have moved across the country seeking greener pastures but as one scenery and environs changes, the only constant in our family other than the love and kinship we share in our lives together that we always take with us would be both the digital and newsprint editions of The New York Times. Kudos and more power to the publishers, editors & all the staff of the New York Times.
This is what a newspaper app should be
The content is great, with a lot of in-depth reporting. Navigation is easy, just scroll down through the sections, expanding to see more articles in each section. I can arrange the sections in my preferred order, and remove sections I don’t care about. And I can easily save articles that look interesting to me to read later.
- Category: News
- Updated: Jul 06, 2015
- Version: 3.8.4
- Size: 24.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: The New York Times Company (iDP)
- © 2015, The New York Times Company
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- NYTimes.com + Tablet App$19.99
- All Digital Access$34.99
- Times Premier$44.99
- All Digital Access$34.99