NYTimes - Breaking National & World News
By The New York Times Company
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Introducing the New York Times app for iPhone.
Experience The Times’s award-winning journalism, elegantly designed with enhanced imagery and multimedia and streamlined navigation. The NYTimes app also includes our International Edition with global news and cultural content from our 50 bureaus around the world.
• Watch exclusive videos and browse our award-winning photographs
• Breaking news notifications - enable alerts about major developing stories, including custom notifications for Business, Politics, Sports and New York City
• In Case You Missed It - a collection of our most popular articles, tailored to your personal reading history
• Read the latest news with automatic background refresh
• Save articles to revisit later on any device
• Customize your sections list and add your favorite blogs for easy access
• Share articles, photos and videos through Facebook, Twitter, email, SMS and AirDrop
The NYTimes app is free to download, and all users can access up to 10 free articles per month, from any section. Subscribers get full access to over 25 sections, plus unlimited access to NYTimes.com, with a Times Digital Subscription.
Subscribe now and your first week is free.*
• NYTimes.com + Smartphone Apps for $14.99 per month
• All Digital Access (including the NYTimes apps for iPhone and iPad + NYTimes.com) for $34.99 per month
• Times Premier (including All Digital Access) for $44.99 per month. Times Premier members also receive Times Insider blog access on the iOS apps, as well as web access to the Times Insider blog, Times Talks, TBooks, special Times crosswords and more.
All subscriptions also include:
- Unlimited access to NYTimes.com from any device
- Unlimited access to Today’s Paper web app from desktop and tablet
- Unlimited access to NYT Now — available now for download on the iPhone; $8/month value
- Times Machine Archive — Browse full issues, including articles, photos and ads from the past; 100 articles per month
- What We’re Reading — Weekly guide to recommended reading on the web
All Digital Access members may also share their subscription with a family member. Times Premier members may share their subscription with two family members.
Your subscription will automatically renew each month and your credit card will be charged through your iTunes account. You can turn off auto-renew at any time from your iTunes account settings.
Feedback? Suggestions? Issues? Please contact us at email@example.com or (800) 591-9233. We’ll do our best to assist you. Your feedback is important to us.
*Promotional offers for new subscribers only. Smartphone and tablet apps are not supported on all devices. NYTimes.com + Smartphone Apps, NYTimes.com + Tablet Apps and All Digital Access subscriptions do not include e-reader editions, Times Premier content, or The New York Times Crossword. Prices shown are in U.S. dollars. Other restrictions apply.
What's New in Version 4.6.4
We fixed a bug that sometimes caused an error when playing video.
New from our previous update:
• We’ve made it easier to discover Times Video throughout the app.
• iPhone 6 Plus users: We fixed a bug that made it impossible to swipe through slide shows.
• And we added a bit of polish to articles.
Latest photo update is POOR
Feb 2015-- The last update on the photos is very poorly done. I read it on an iPhone 5S, and when I double click on a photo to enlarge it, it is IMPOSSIBLE to see all parts of the picture. SAME for illustrations and figures and charts.
Latest update, Oct 2014 -- much better with lack of full-age ads, and so far seems not to lose my selected sections. BUT IT CRASHES RANDOMLY every 20 min or so.
Latest update, Nov 2013, no longer crashes nor loses my section preferences. Would have given it 5 stars but (1) it still refuses to delete several sections I don't want and (2) I STILL am STARTLED by random unexpected full-page ads. I keep a list of their sponsors - e.g., I will NEVER buy Celine products.
now, IN BETWEEN CRASHES every 10 minutes, it randomizes and deletes my selected sections to read.
It constantly puts back into SAVED the articles I had UNsaved AND loses all my settings and list/order of sections.
And, for a paid subscription, it forces me to be startled by unexpected full-page ads.
A step down from the website
There is an ad that you can't dismiss at the bottom of the page. This ad persists whether looking at headlines or reading articles. It's better to create a home screen shortcut to the mobile site in Safari (use share->homescreen when at the site).
Note that you're also paying up to $8 a week for ads there, but at least they scroll away and don't permanently take up screen space. I believe using only the website costs less money anyway.
Just awful. Only reason I keep app on my phone is so I know of updates and update this review.
I have an annual subscription. I'd think paying for that would be enough, but now there's an ad that won't go away. It bothers me when I'm trying to keep up with current events. If I'm going to have ads anyway, why the subscription? I could always cancel and just use Safari's private browser to constantly get ten free articles. But I pay for a subscription to support the NYTimes. A rather pricy one at that. Please stop trying to make a few extra pennies off paying readers.
- Category: News
- Updated: Feb 25, 2015
- Version: 4.6.4
- Size: 25.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: The New York Times Company (iDP)
- © 2014, The New York Times Company
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- NYTimes.com + Smartphone App$14.99
- All Digital Access$34.99
- Times Premier$44.99
- All Digital Access$34.99