NYTimes – Breaking National & World News
By The New York Times Company
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Get the news you need at a glance with The New York Times on Apple Watch.
Catch up quickly with one-sentence stories crafted specially for the small screen. Receive alerts when big news breaks. Use Handoff to continue reading on your iPhone, or touch Save for Later to build a personal reading list.
Plus, enjoy all of our award-winning journalism with the NYTimes app for iPhone.
iPhone App Features:
• Breaking news alerts: Get notified of major developing stories, and tailor alerts to topics of interest
• Morning briefings: Start your day with a tip sheet compiled by Times journalists
• Save articles to read later on any of your devices
• Today widget: Top headlines are always just a swipe away
• Pick up where you left off on another device with Handoff
• International edition: Global news and coverage from dozens of bureaus around the world
• Exclusive videos and award-winning photography
• Customize your list of favorite sections and blogs
The NYTimes iPhone app is free to download, and all users can access up to 10 free articles per month, from any section. Subscribers get full access to over 25 sections, plus unlimited access to NYTimes.com, with a Times Digital Subscription.
Subscribe now and your first week is free.*
• Unlimited access to this app + NYTimes.com for $14.99 per month. Cancel anytime.
• All Digital Access (including the NYTimes apps for iPhone and iPad + NYTimes.com) for $34.99 per month. Cancel anytime.
• Times Premier (including All Digital Access) for $44.99 per month. Cancel anytime. Times Premier members also receive access to the Times Insider blog, TimesTalks videos, TBooks, special Times crosswords, complimentary access for family members and three gift subscriptions per year.
Your subscription will automatically renew each month, and your credit card will be charged through your iTunes account. You can turn off auto-renew at any time from your iTunes account settings.
Questions Concerns? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (800) 591-9233. We respond to every inquiry.
* Promotional offers for new subscribers only. Smartphone and tablet apps are not supported on all devices. NYTimes.com + Smartphone Apps, NYTimes.com + Tablet Apps and All Digital Access subscriptions do not include e-reader editions, Times Premier content, or The New York Times Crossword. Prices shown are in U.S. dollars. Other restrictions apply.
What's New in Version 5.1.1
We fixed some bugs, including:
• Cut-off comments
• Using Handoff from the Watch app sometimes opened the wrong article.
Once again, I open my New York Times app to find an aesthetically pleasing and creative marriage of print journalism and mobile phone technology. Embedded within a story about the ruling on gay marriage by the US Supreme Court, is a little feature showing different people and how their ideas about gay marriage evolved. It isn't like a newspaper page; it isn't like a website; it is something altogether different that is so pleasing to listen to, look at, and then pass on to others. I have found the New York Times app to be hands-down more cutting-edge than any other app I use.
Now with even more ads! Generally good paper, solid app, but the ads must go!
We subscribe, paying monthly, and we still have to deal with all these adverts!! You have to be kidding me!
We're trying to support you all, but this is a slap in the face.
As others have pointed out, it's irritating and they take up too much room on the small screen. They are omnipresent--the banner ads are there even when reading a news article.
The problem has gotten worse. The stories are littered with ads; they are embedded inside the news articles; AND they have increased greatly in number! As you scroll through a story, you are confronted with ad, after ad.
Those of us who subscribe should NOT have to face ads--and it's especially bad faith to have increased their number!
Downgraded my rating...
Too many Top Stories
Keeps on crashing.
Have lived this app from day one. Way much than the iPad one which I barely use. But, the Top stories used to be 10-15 stories and now they are like 30!
It was so much better when it reflected the Front Page. I am sure it's better for the Times, click-wise, but definitely not for readers. Less in this case would be better, more meaningful.
All the rest is s good as ever. The Times is the best.
- Category: News
- Updated: Jun 22, 2015
- Version: 5.1.1
- Size: 25.4 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: The New York Times Company (iDP)
- © 2015, The New York Times Company
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- NYTimes.com + Smartphone App$14.99
- All Digital Access$34.99
- Times Premier$44.99
- All Digital Access$34.99