NYTimes – Breaking National & World News
By The New York Times Company
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Get the news you need at a glance with The New York Times on Apple Watch.
Catch up quickly with one-sentence stories crafted specially for the small screen. Receive alerts when big news breaks. Use Handoff to continue reading on your iPhone, or touch Save for Later to build a personal reading list.
Plus, enjoy all of our award-winning journalism with the NYTimes app for iPhone.
iPhone App Features:
• Breaking news alerts: Get notified of major developing stories, and tailor alerts to topics of interest
• Morning briefings: Start your day with a tip sheet compiled by Times journalists
• Save articles to read later on any of your devices
• Today widget: Top headlines are always just a swipe away
• Pick up where you left off on another device with Handoff
• International edition: Global news and coverage from dozens of bureaus around the world
• Exclusive videos and award-winning photography
• Customize your list of favorite sections and blogs
The NYTimes iPhone app is free to download, and all users can access up to 10 free articles per month, from any section. Subscribers get full access to over 25 sections, plus unlimited access to NYTimes.com, with a Times Digital Subscription.
Subscribe now and your first week is free.*
• Unlimited access to this app + NYTimes.com for $14.99 per month. Cancel anytime.
• All Digital Access (including the NYTimes apps for iPhone and iPad + NYTimes.com) for $34.99 per month. Cancel anytime.
• Times Premier (including All Digital Access) for $44.99 per month. Cancel anytime. Times Premier members also receive access to the Times Insider blog, TimesTalks videos, TBooks, special Times crosswords, complimentary access for family members and three gift subscriptions per year.
Your subscription will automatically renew each month, and your credit card will be charged through your iTunes account. You can turn off auto-renew at any time from your iTunes account settings.
Questions Concerns? Please contact us at email@example.com or (800) 591-9233. We respond to every inquiry.
* Promotional offers for new subscribers only. Smartphone and tablet apps are not supported on all devices. NYTimes.com + Smartphone Apps, NYTimes.com + Tablet Apps and All Digital Access subscriptions do not include e-reader editions, Times Premier content, or The New York Times Crossword. Prices shown are in U.S. dollars. Other restrictions apply.
What's New in Version 5.2
We fixed a crash and made a few more visual improvements to Top Stories.
If you like our apps, please take a moment to rate us in the App Store. For bug reports or complaints, email firstname.lastname@example.org. We read and reply to every message.
Excellent news app
I've been using the NYTimes app for a while now, and I've found it to be a great tool for staying up to date on current events. Its user interface is very intuitive. I especially like the "save for later" feature, which allows me to hold onto an article if I want to finish it later on. I've also enabled breaking news notifications, which come in handy. Perhaps best of all, NYT's reporting is always first-rate. They consistently set the bar for journalistic professionalism. Their clear, level-headed writing is a breath of fresh air in a news cycle often dominated by screamers and click-baiting.
This is an amazing app (I have no problems)
If you read the news a lot, this app is for you. You can read every NYTimes article on it. It's interface is clean and easy to use. The app never quits and always runs fast. It is great for reading on the go. I love this app and highly recommend it.
By the way. In terms of speed. I have an iPhone 5.
Excellent news source
NYT online is my news source (in addition to my local paper). I don't watch TV. The reporting is not sensationalistic, like much news media these days. This is one newspaper the still does investigative reporting, and it's always relevant and important. Editorials on politics and a wide range of other topics both interest and inform me. I read it every day.
- Category: News
- Updated: Aug 24, 2015
- Version: 5.2
- Size: 29.7 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: The New York Times Company (iDP)
- © 2015, The New York Times Company
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- NYTimes.com + Smartphone App$14.99
- All Digital Access$34.99
- Times Premier$44.99
- All Digital Access$34.99