NYTimes – Breaking National & World News
By The New York Times Company
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Get the news you need at a glance with The New York Times on Apple Watch.
Catch up quickly with one-sentence stories crafted specially for the small screen. Receive alerts when big news breaks. Use Handoff to continue reading on your iPhone, or touch Save for Later to build a personal reading list.
Plus, enjoy all of our award-winning journalism with the NYTimes app for iPhone.
iPhone App Features:
• Breaking news alerts: Get notified of major developing stories, and tailor alerts to topics of interest
• Morning briefings: Start your day with a tip sheet compiled by Times journalists
• Save articles to read later on any of your devices
• Today widget: Top headlines are always just a swipe away
• Pick up where you left off on another device with Handoff
• International edition: Global news and coverage from dozens of bureaus around the world
• Exclusive videos and award-winning photography
• Customize your list of favorite sections and blogs
The NYTimes iPhone app is free to download, and all users can access up to 10 free articles per month, from any section. Subscribers get full access to over 25 sections, plus unlimited access to NYTimes.com, with a Times Digital Subscription.
Subscribe now and your first week is free.*
• Unlimited access to this app + NYTimes.com for $14.99 per month. Cancel anytime.
• All Digital Access (including the NYTimes apps for iPhone and iPad + NYTimes.com) for $34.99 per month. Cancel anytime.
• Times Premier (including All Digital Access) for $44.99 per month. Cancel anytime. Times Premier members also receive access to the Times Insider blog, TimesTalks videos, TBooks, special Times crosswords, complimentary access for family members and three gift subscriptions per year.
Your subscription will automatically renew each month, and your credit card will be charged through your iTunes account. You can turn off auto-renew at any time from your iTunes account settings.
Questions Concerns? Please contact us at email@example.com or (800) 591-9233. We respond to every inquiry.
* Promotional offers for new subscribers only. Smartphone and tablet apps are not supported on all devices. NYTimes.com + Smartphone Apps, NYTimes.com + Tablet Apps and All Digital Access subscriptions do not include e-reader editions, Times Premier content, or The New York Times Crossword. Prices shown are in U.S. dollars. Other restrictions apply.
What's New in Version 5.0
Introducing NYTimes for Apple Watch and a whole new look for iPhone.
Get the news you need in a moment.
• When news breaks, Times alerts are delivered right to your wrist.
• When you want to catch up, swipe through short stories crafted specially for the small screen.
• Use Handoff to read more of any story on your iPhone. Or tap Save for Later to build a personal reading list.
Top Stories is now more urgent, more visual and more helpful.
• Story Groups put the news in context. Related articles, videos and interactive graphics are packaged together by Times editors.
• Our photography and videos cover the screen from edge to edge.
• Daily briefings prepare you for the day ahead. Look for them on weekday mornings at the top of the app.
• Breaking news alerts are linked directly to stories. Just swipe or tap an alert to read.
If you like our apps, please take a moment to rate us in the App Store. For bug reports or complaints, email firstname.lastname@example.org. We read and reply to every message.
I loved the Times on newsprint, loved it on line and now I love it on my iPhone.
This is a great app. Not only can you easily search the archives going back to the beginning of "Times" right on your phone but I love the weekday daily briefing that comes right to my phone every morning (in 10 seconds I can see what's happening; when it's convenient for me) I also love the little news alerts. You can get news anywhere on the web from your phone but how the Times makes it accessible and easy is wonderful. And as a bonus well, it's The New York Times. LOVE!
Key Survival Tool
Reading the NYT on my IPhone helps me survive our world, which often feels like it's upside down. I read it before I get out of bed in the morning, and before I turn out the light at night. It offers truth, humor, and creativity in an apocalyptic world. The morning briefing makes me smile. I love the breaking news alerts, most e-mailed stories, and God did you see the piece about angora bunnies in the magazine? The re-designed mag is a weekly bundle of surprises: great writing, art. It's a whole support system on a small screen!
I definitely enjoy the New York Times app. It's informative, authentic and reliable.
Your coverage of both domestic and international stories is exceptional and unrivaled. I enjoy reading every story and I must say that I very much like the fact that I can go back to what I have been reading in the archive section. I intend to take out a full subscription but I don't have a credit/debit card and the Times doesn't accept my iTunes account payment method.
- Category: News
- Updated: Apr 22, 2015
- Version: 5.0
- Size: 35.9 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: The New York Times Company (iDP)
- © 2015, The New York Times Company
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- NYTimes.com + Smartphone App$14.99
- All Digital Access$34.99
- Times Premier$44.99
- All Digital Access$34.99