NYTimes – Breaking National & World News
By The New York Times Company
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Get the news you need at a glance with The New York Times on Apple Watch.
Catch up quickly with one-sentence stories crafted specially for the small screen. Receive alerts when big news breaks. Use Handoff to continue reading on your iPhone, or touch Save for Later to build a personal reading list.
Plus, enjoy all of our award-winning journalism with the NYTimes app for iPhone.
iPhone App Features:
• Breaking news alerts: Get notified of major developing stories, and tailor alerts to topics of interest
• Morning briefings: Start your day with a tip sheet compiled by Times journalists
• Save articles to read later on any of your devices
• Today widget: Top headlines are always just a swipe away
• Pick up where you left off on another device with Handoff
• International edition: Global news and coverage from dozens of bureaus around the world
• Exclusive videos and award-winning photography
• Customize your list of favorite sections and blogs
The NYTimes iPhone app is free to download, and all users can access up to 10 free articles per month, from any section. Subscribers get full access to over 25 sections, plus unlimited access to NYTimes.com, with a Times Digital Subscription.
Subscribe now and your first week is free.*
• Unlimited access to this app + NYTimes.com for $14.99 per month. Cancel anytime.
• All Digital Access (including the NYTimes apps for iPhone and iPad + NYTimes.com) for $34.99 per month. Cancel anytime.
• Times Insider (including All Digital Access) for $44.99 per month. Cancel anytime. Times Insider members also receive access to the Times Insider blog, TimesTalks videos, TBooks, special Times crosswords, complimentary access for family members and three gift subscriptions per year.
Your subscription will automatically renew each month, and your credit card will be charged through your iTunes account. You can turn off auto-renew at any time from your iTunes account settings.
Questions Concerns? Please contact us at email@example.com or (800) 591-9233. We respond to every inquiry.
* Promotional offers for new subscribers only. Smartphone and tablet apps are not supported on all devices. NYTimes.com + Smartphone Apps, NYTimes.com + Tablet Apps and All Digital Access subscriptions do not include e-reader editions, Times Premier content, or The New York Times Crossword. Prices shown are in U.S. dollars. Other restrictions apply.
What's New in Version 5.5
• It's now possible to log in using your Facebook or Google account. Logged in users have access to free features like saving articles and signing up for newsletters.
• Have an iPhone 6S or iPhone 6S Plus? You can access Top Stories, Most Popular, Saved for Later and Search directly from your home screen by using 3D touch on our app icon.
If you like our apps, please take a moment to rate us in the App Store. For bug reports or complaints, email firstname.lastname@example.org. We read and reply to every message.
Slow decline to adware
Several versions back this application was exactly what was needed for a paying subscriber: the best content, good layout, no clutter, no ads. With the last few renditions, the app has become and more ad focused. First, there were picture ads placed on the side of the articles & you could kind of ignore them. With this version, they are placed squares in the center of the text column, with no way to ignore them as you must scroll down through them to continue reading the article. To say the least, this break in the flow of reading is terrifically annoying! NY Times - I will happily pay you extra $$ for a non-ad version of this app!! This is the third or fourth review of this app I've written over the last couple of years, and sadly each one has been more negative than the last.
Current version crashes on opening
I haven't been able to access the app for days now. It crashes every time, seconds after opening. It appears to display new content as the days go by, but won't stay open. I have tried rebooting my phone. I'm a digital subscriber and this is the chief way I read the times...need it back! I'm on an iPhone 5S if that's helpful.
Update-the instructions on the app support web page say to delete the app, reboot your phone, and reinstall. That did the trick for me, but it's rare that I have to do that for other app's updates, so I'm not thrilled but I am back in business. Give it a shot if you're having trouble, too.
Lives up to a high standard.
I have been reading the NYT for a long time and was skeptical about their app satisfying my expectation of quality.
Well they did, it's relatively stable, crashes are few. The ease of interaction is excellent, strong searching, good multimedia support, excellent click through opportunities.
I get the paper delivered on the weekend and service is abysmal but I like the tactile experience.
Their own app is making me consider canceling my subscription.
In this world of instant information and questionable reliability the NYT app stands out, no one should expect less from their news source.
- Category: News
- Updated: Nov 11, 2015
- Version: 5.5
- Size: 42.8 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: The New York Times Company (iDP)
- © 2015, The New York Times Company
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- All Digital Access$34.99
- NYTimes.com + Smartphone App$14.99
- All Digital Access$34.99
- Times Insider$44.99