The New York Times
By The New York Times Company
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Stay up to date wherever you go. Enjoy award-winning journalism with the NYT app for iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch.
• News alerts: Get notified of major developing stories, and tailor alerts to topics of interest
• Multitasking: on an iPad? Get caught up on the day’s headlines while also working in other apps
• Morning & evening briefings: Start and end your day with a tip sheet compiled by Times journalists
• The Daily 360: Watch a new 360 video every day from Times reporters around the world
• Podcasts: Listen to audio series including The Daily and Modern Love
• Save articles to read later on any of your devices
• Customize your list of favorite sections and blogs
• Exclusive videos and award-winning photography
Apple Watch Features:
• Catch up quickly by reading today's headlines.
• Receive alerts when big news breaks.
• Use Handoff to continue reading on your iPhone, or touch Save for Later to build a personal reading list.
The NYT app is free to download, and all users can access a sampling of articles per month, from any section. Subscribers get full access to over 25 sections, plus unlimited access to NYTimes.com, with a Times Digital Subscription.
Subscribe now and your first week is free.*
Digital Subscription Options:
• Basic - unlimited digital access anytime, anywhere, on any device for $14.99 per month or $119.99 per year (save up to $5 per month). Cancel anytime.
• All Access - unlimited digital access anytime, anywhere, on any device plus one bonus digital subscription for $24.99 per month. Cancel anytime.
Your payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. Your subscription will automatically renew each month or year 24-hours before the end of the current period, and your credit card will be charged through your iTunes account unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. You can turn off auto-renew at any time from your iTunes account settings. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
Terms of Service: https://www.nytimes.com/content/help/rights/terms/terms-of-service.html
Questions Concerns? Please contact us at email@example.com or (800) 591-9233. We respond to every inquiry.
* Promotional offers for new subscribers only. Not valid for Digital Access $119.99 per year subscription option. Smartphone and tablet apps are not supported on all devices. NYTimes.com + Smartphone Apps, NYTimes.com + Tablet Apps and Digital Access subscriptions do not include e-reader editions or The New York Times Crossword. Prices shown are in U.S. dollars. Other restrictions apply.
What's New in Version 6.3.1
- We fixed a crash and a few bugs.
Overheating iPhone 8+
The NY Times app continues to overheat my iPhone 8+ even after numerous updates to the app. Multiple bug reports have been emailed to the developer team and nothing has been resolved. If I could give the app zero stars, I would.
While reading articles my device become noticeably warm on the back just below the camera. After a few minutes the screen automatically dims the brightness. This behavior continues even if the NY Times app is the only one open on my phone.
While the news reporting might be the best in the business, their app developers are second rate. Please fix this or you’ll lose a subscriber.
Limit to Free Reads??
I understand that NYT needs to pay the bills,but throttling unpaid users? Come on. I just can’t afford it, but love the content.
Fix the battery usage.
NYT was always my first read in the morning, but due to the horrendous drain in my battery, especially if I forget to close it, I find myself going more and more to Wapo - using NYT if I’m plugged in. Fix this please. And fix the comments too. Why can’t i add a comment on many articles that i can comment on if I’m on my computer?
- Category: News
- Updated: Dec 11, 2017
- Version: 6.3.1
- Size: 114 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: The New York Times Company (iDP)
- © 2017, The New York Times Company
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- NYTimes.com + Smartphone App$14.99
- All Digital Access$34.99
- All Digital Access$34.99
- Digital Access$14.99
- Basic: Annual$129.99
- All Access$24.99
- Times Insider$44.99
- Digital Access - Annual Offer$119.99