By The New York Times Company
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Introducing the new NYTimes app for iPhone, now optimized for iOS 7. Experience The Times’s award-winning journalism, elegantly redesigned with enhanced imagery and multimedia, clean design and streamlined navigation. The New York Times app now includes a new International Edition with global news and cultural content drawing on our 50 bureaus around the world.
Features of this app include:
• Multimedia— view videos and slide shows within articles and in the Videos and Photos sections
• Save articles to revisit later from any device, and add your favorite blogs to your sections list so that they are always updated and easily accessible
• Share articles, photos and videos through Facebook, Twitter, e-mail, SMS and AirDrop
• Breaking news alerts— be the first to read about events as soon as they occur
• Edit your sections list so your favorite sections are just a swipe away
The app is free to download, and all users can access up to 10 free articles per month, from any section. Subscribers get full access to over 25 sections plus unlimited access to NYTimes.com on any device, with a Times Digital Subscription. Subscribe today and your first week is free.*
Your subscription options:
• NYTimes.com + Smartphone Apps for $14.99 per month
• All Digital Access (including the NYTimes app for iPhone and iPad, plus unlimited access to NYTimes.com) for $34.99 per month
Your subscription will automatically renew each month and your credit card will be charged through your iTunes account. You can turn off auto-renew at any time from your iTunes account settings.
If you have any problems, comments or suggestions for improving our app, please contact us at email@example.com, call 1-800-591-9233, or find us at @NYTimesMobile on Twitter and we will do our best to assist you. Your feedback is important to us.
* Introductory offer only valid for first-time subscribers. Offer valid once per user. Does not include Premium Crosswords or The New York Times Crosswords apps. Other restrictions apply.
What's New in Version 4.0.8
• Breaking News notifications now link to developing stories.
• App refresh now includes a progress indicator.
• Fullscreen enhancements for videos and slide shows.
• Improved section front layouts.
• Improved Home Delivery account activation.
Need reader comments, fewer ads, and better layout
Getting worse with the last update: now slower to update.
My biggest issue: Still no access to comments from readers! Comments should be available upon request when connected to the Internet.
There are distracting ads.
Finally, the layout on an iPhone still looks like a RSS feed, with little hierarchy.
Breaking news alert that actually goes to the article is a great idea.
Best release in a long time
Never worked better!
- Category: News
- Updated: Feb 27, 2014
- Version: 4.0.8
- Size: 8.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: The New York Times Company (iDP)
- © 2014, The New York Times Company
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- NYTimes.com + Smartphone App$14.99
- All Digital Access$34.99