Find apartments for rent or for sale using our free New York Times Real Estate app for iPhone. Browse thousands of available homes for sale and organize your open house planning on the go.
In-depth home search tools designed to surface property details for the most desirable properties on the market, combined with frequently updated, award-winning New York Times Real Estate articles.
• A brand new real estate news stream, which combines our favorite real estate articles with this week's most exciting properties
• Browse fully comprehensive property information in New York City, across the country and throughout the world
• Updated throughout the day, read the most current New York Times Real Estate news for free and share articles with friends
• Search for properties by keyword location, ZIP code, neighborhood or by what's nearby to surface homes and open houses near you
• Refine property searches by price reductions, open houses, newest, for sale by owner, new development and more
• Calculate your potential monthly mortgage payment on the fly
• Research New York City sales activity and view nearby school information
• View properties on a map and get directions
• View and manage your saved properties and searches on your iPhone or on the Web
• Sign up for e-mail alerts when new properties are posted and when your favorite homes have new open house times and/or price changes
• E-mail your favorite properties to a friend
• Contact real estate agents quickly and easily via one-touch calling / e-mailing
Property images by kind permission of The Corcoran Group and Halstead Property LLC.
We're now fully compliant with iOS11, in addition to including lots of under-the-hood improvements in this release, making it easier, faster and simpler to find the homes you're looking for. This release includes bug fixes and improvements to improve the overall experience for our users.
Enjoying NYT Real Estate? Support our app by leaving a review on the App Store.
Tweet us at @NYTRealEstate if you have any problems, comments or suggestions. You can also email us at email@example.com.
Ratings and Reviews
Last Update Messed It All Up
I don’t know what happened. Update before last caused what seemed to be a few errors: articles wouldn’t update for months, search results outside of the city were few and far between. Overall, however, it was giving me what I needed for in city housing searches. With this update, nothing seems to be working. I’ve checked everything on my end to be sure it wasn’t my phone, but it seems to be the app. Neighborhoods no longer show up so you can’t narrow your search area. Everything takes forever to load if it ever does. It’s very frustrating. This has been my go-to for NYC property searches for years, but with these recent frustrations I find myself deleting the app and giving up on using it all, sadly.
Are you guys sure you fixed bugs in the last release? You should really fix the fact that the app only refreshes the search results list when I change the filter. (ie from most expensive to most recent or vica versa)
And fix the fact one can't navigate to the articles on the home page without losing one's previous search filter parameters.
Also the articles haven’t updated since god knows when. Comparing the articles with what’s in the Times app... these articles are really old.
Still one of the best real estate apps out there, but some minor annoyances.
The app does not seem to update articles frequently. The top article can be weeks or months old. I use the regular nytimes app and just go to the real estate section. This real estate app is disappointing.
- The New York Times Company (iDP)
- 30.8 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © The New York Times Company
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.