By Rob Cleaton
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
OATBook helps patients prescribed warfarin monitor, track and record their medication and INR part of their daily routine. It’s simple, quick and easy to use taking out the chore to manage your health effectively. Being a dangerous and difficult drug to control its important its monitored correctly and self testing is often encouraged by the doctor.
• Monitor, record and track your INR
• INR Charting
• Export results as PDF, spreadsheet
• Email results to directly to your clinic
• Add appointment reminders
• Keep on top of your warfarin with daily dosages
• Add past readings and dosages
• Add alternate warfarin dosages
• Dosage alerts to never miss a dosage
• Dosage checkbox
• Add daily notes
• Add your warfarin total so you’ll never run out
Ideal for anyone using warfarin who have suffered a stroke, atrial fibrillation, deep vein thrombosis (dvt) or a heart valve replacement.
• Anticoagulation Europe
• Atrial Fibrillation Association
• NHS Choices Health Apps Library
• Any bugs, suggestions or comments email firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet @OATBook
• OATBook is to aid you with your medication, if you experience any medical problems you should contact your doctor or local clinic.
What's New in Version 3.0
– A new way of entering your dosages
– Bug fix for entering gender in settings
Thanks to everyone who offered feedback and support to help :)
Great app for tracking INR and Warfarin
I've tried some of the new apps that are out there. Some of them have been updated fairly recently. I still come back to OatBook because it's easy to use and doesn't clutter up with unnecessary information. I would really appreciate a graph that isn't cut off at the top. I am one of those people that has an odd up and down reading and many of them get cut off at the high end. I thought if I exported the graph it would be ok but it's cut off there too. Fix that and I would give 5 stars and if I could give more I would!
I've been looking for a good app to track my INR results and my daily warfarin dosage. I finally found with this app! The daily reminders are great since my dosage can be different each day. My only complaint is that the graphing is not very good but there is an option to export to Excel and then I can do what I what to with the data there. If you are on long-term anticoagulant therapy this is the app for you.
With the recent update, it's much easier to set varying dosage amounts. The reminders still seem to be pushed in the original time zone. If I travel I don't get reminders in the new the zone, but rather the original. It would be great to have interactive notification or a today view widget to quickly check off the dosage.
Does Job But Not Refined
Generally a good app. Tracks total amount of medicine left. Allows for different amount of medication for different days and tracks INR over time.
Kind of hard to figure out and without documentation it's not user friendly. Icons don't match use. Needs some refinement but the nuts and bolts are there.
Reminders don't work for me and that's an attraction of this app. Want to know when to take meds and when my next appt is.
Overall, I still use the app but it could be a lot better.