OBD Auto Doctor is the leading OBD2 car diagnostics tool in your pocket!
Ever wonder why the check engine light or MIL keeps going on? Check and reset the trouble codes with OBD Auto Doctor. With this OBD2 diagnostic app, you can communicate with your car's OBD-II system quick and easy, and turn your mobile into a highly capable automotive scanner.
▸ OBD Auto Doctor is an ideal app for everyone interested in getting to know their car better. Whether you want to monitor vehicle data in real-time or reset the "check engine" light, this is a must-have tool and the only OBD-II software you need!
Capabilities and benefits:
• Read readiness monitor status to make sure your car is ready for emissions testing
• Read On-Board Diagnostic Monitors for advanced diagnostics
• Read Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs), Freeze Frame, and clear the codes and MIL
• Monitor fuel consumption while you drive and save money on gas/diesel
• View OBD-II parameter and sensor data in real-time to detect abnormalities
• Monitor OBD-II sensor data in numerical or graphical presentation
• Support for multiple electronic control units such as engine, transmission, etc.
Some additional features:
• Send diagnostic data via email
• Record and send sensor data via email as .csv format
• Read Vehicle Identification Number, Calibration Identifications and Calibration Verification Numbers of ECU
• Build-in DTC database with over 18000 trouble codes including thousands of manufacturer specific codes
• Support for both imperial (English) and metric units
Check the Quick Start Guide to get started:
• WiFi adapters: https://www.obdautodoctor.com/OBD-Auto-Doctor-Quick-Start-Guide-iPhone-WiFi.pdf
• Bluetooth adapters: https://www.obdautodoctor.com/OBD-Auto-Doctor-Quick-Start-Guide-iPhone-Bluetooth.pdf
OBD Auto Doctor supports all cars sold worldwide that are compatible with OBD2 or EOBD. As a general guideline, your car is most likely to be OBD-II compliant if it fulfils one of the requirements listed below:
• USA: All cars and light trucks manufactured since 1996 (OBD2)
• EU, Gasoline: Registered in the EU after 1 January 2001 (EOBD)
• EU, Diesel: Registered in the EU after 1 January 2004 (EOBD)
• See https://www.obdautodoctor.com/faq for the OBD2 compatibility info for other countries
NOTE: OBD Auto Doctor requires a separate ELM Wifi OBD2 adapter (ELM327 compatible scan tool) or Kiwi 3, Carista, Vgate, LELink, Viecar, Tonwon, Veepeak or MicroTech Bluetooth Low Energy adapter to communicate with vehicle.
NOTE: Please notice that most of the features of the app require that your car supports them too.
▸ This app is free but to unlock all the features, a subscription is required. Check the app website for more information and differences between the versions.
Under no circumstances will the developer of this application be held responsible for incidents resulting from the use and/or interpretation of the data in the application.
If you have any issues or concerns, we are happy to help you out. Just send us e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit the OBD Auto Doctor website for more information:
Duration and price of each subscription are shown in OBD Auto Doctor's storefront, updated at the time of purchase. The subscriptions are for OBD Auto Doctor Pro version for iOS platform. Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Subscriptions automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal. Subscriptions and auto-renewal can be managed/turned off in the iTunes Account Settings.
-Update to support iOS 12
-Fix minor issues
Ratings and Reviews
Only worth it if you upgrade to Pro for $$$
Installed the free version after the “check engine” light came on in my car. Easy installed & easily connected to the dongle via WiFi. Gives you some interesting but very, very basic data but if you actually want the app to be useful, you have to either start paying $5/month or $20/year (automatically renewed) for the “Pro” version. This basic version here doesn’t even detect the check engine light is on, let-alone tell you what the problem is.
No thanks! I’d rather give my $$ to a business that’s nice enough to give you some honest useability in their free version.
Did you know that you can get the Pro only for one month? No need to pay monthly or yearly fee, you can cancel anytime.
I tried these 4 apps: OBD Auto Doctor, iOBD2, OBD2 Expert, and Car Scanner. The adapter I used is a Kobra Wireless that uses WiFi to connect to an app.
OBD Auto Doctor connected successfully once but then couldn't get it to do so again after half a dozen attempts.
OBD2 Expert was a no-go from the start since it wanted several $s to even get to the connection window.
iOBD2 did not connect successfully. The only thing the app shows is a little banner while attempting to connect and then shows Connection Failure.
Only Car Scanner was able to connect everytime and provided LOTS (183 sensors) of useful information about the car and, importantly, for free. Although there are very unintrusive advertisements on the bottom of the screen, one can upgrade to the Pro version for a donation varying from $2.99 to 4.99 - your choice!
Half Star, Not One Star!
After I purchased Korea ELM-327, I had to downloaded a basic app. Everything worked fine between a device and iPhone via WiFi but it did not provided enough information on the screen, very little like 5% or less about air temperature in the engine and room temperature was all I had. Pretty expensive to buy a device and the basic app sucked! Not sure, do I really want to purchase $ 9.99 app? Why do I have to spend the money this and that things?
- Creosys Oy
- 35 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Finnish, French, German, Italian
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Creosys Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly $4.99
- OBD Auto Doctor Pro $23.99
- Yearly $19.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.