OBD Fusion - OBD2 vehicle scan tool & diagnostics
By OCTech, LLC
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
OBD Fusion is an app for your car that allows you to read OBD2 vehicle data directly from your iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad. You can clear your check engine light, create customized dashboards, read diagnostic trouble codes, estimate fuel economy, and much more! OBD Fusion is also available for Apple Watch!
Is your check engine light on? Do you want to monitor fuel economy and usage in your vehicle? Do you want cool looking virtual dashboards on your iPhone or iPad? If so, then OBD Fusion is the app for you! OBD Fusion is used by professional mechanics, do-it-yourself mechanics, and vehicle owners who want to monitor their vehicle and daily driving habits. Drive smarter, improve your fuel economy, and keep your engine healthy!
IMPORTANT NOTE: You must have a Wi-Fi ELM327 compatible scan tool, Automatic car adapter (Pro or 2nd generation), Carista BLE adapter, Veepeak BLE adapter, Tonwon BLE adapter, LELink BLE adapter, Viecar BLE adapter, Vinli adapter, Vgate iCar Bluetooth 4.0, or Kiwi 3 to use this app. OBD Fusion is not compatible with generic ELM Bluetooth scan tools and 1st generation Automatic car adapters. Checkout the full list of adapters here: https://www.obdsoftware.net/software/obdfusion
OBD Fusion supports all OBD2 and EOBD vehicles sold worldwide. Not sure if your vehicle is OBD2 or EOBD compliant? See this page for more information: https://www.obdsoftware.net/support/knowledge-base/how-do-i-know-whether-my-vehicle-is-obd-ii-compliant/. OBD Fusion can also connect to some JOBD vehicles through advanced configuration in the app. Please contact us for more details.
OBD Fusion is brought to you by OCTech, LLC, the makers of TouchScan and OBDwiz. Now you can get the same great features for your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad!
OBD Fusion has a ton of features, including:
- Read and clear diagnostic trouble codes and your Check Engine Light (MIL)
- Real-time dashboard display with fully customizable gauges
- Performance calculations for 1/4 mile and 0-60 mph track times
- Fuel economy MPG (US and UK), l/100km or km/l calculation
- Full diagnostic report that can be stored and emailed
- Real-time graphing of multiple signals
- Multiple trip meters
- Log data to CSV file and email CSV files
- Create custom enhanced PIDs
- Includes some built-in enhanced PIDs for Ford and GM vehicles
- Display Boost pressure in real-time
- Display Engine Horsepower and Torque
- Display calculated Air-to-fuel ratio
- Display battery voltage
- Read freeze frame data
- Fully customizable units, including English, Imperial, and Metric units
- Real-time graphing
- Over 150 supported PIDs
- Displays vehicle information including VIN and calibration ID
- Emissions readiness for each US state
- Find out if your car will pass emissions inspection
- Oxygen Sensor Results (Mode $05)
- On-board Monitoring Tests (Mode $06)
- In-performance Tracking Counters (Mode $09)
- GPS tracking - plot vehicle parameters on a map in real-time
- Integrated Dropbox functionality
- Available in English, Czech, French, Italian, Spanish and Greek
- Manufacturer specific Enhanced Diagnostics are available for certain vehicles through In-App purchases.
* Some features may be limited based on the adapter that you are using. OBD Fusion with the Automatic adapter is currently limited to reading SAE PID data only. OBD Fusion with the Vinli adapter is currently limited to reading SAE PID data and trouble codes only.
** Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
OBD Fusion for Apple Watch includes the following features:
- View statistics about your last trip
- View quick information about your vehicle
- See where you parked your car on the map
- Set parking meter time on your watch and easily check the time remaining on the parking meter
What's New in Version 4.1.0
• Added trip PIDs including distance, fuel usage, fuel economy, and duration.
• Added vehicle makes for model year 2017. If your vehicle is not listed, that does not mean your vehicle is not supported, and you can manually type in the make and model.
• The app now detects when a disconnect occurs due to the engine turning off and will not show the communication error dialog.
• Made multiple improvements to connection reliability with unstable ELM adapters.
• Added support for the Veepeak BLE and Cacagoo BLE adapters.
• Various bug fixes and improvements.
So I've edited my review an added 3 stars, and here is why: customer support and their ability to respond to reviews to address concerns, big plus here, it shows they are actively aware and engaged in making the app better. Second while you have to go through menus to activate them, there are additional PIDs for ford and gm. If those weren't available, this would of been a deal breaker for me. Third, the app is updated regularly and looks modern with digital readout gauges.
Overall as long as it proves to be as accurate as dash command I'll make the switch.
One thing I would like to see in the future is min max values on the digital read out gauges in addition to current values.
Logs MPH and GPS from Automatic Pro perfectly
I was looking for a way to log OBD-accurate speedometer and geolocation so I can correlate them with decibel measurements I'm taking with an external SPL meter. Since I already use an Automatic Pro, I wanted to find an app that would stream from it so I wouldn't lose the crash alert feature.
After trying a few apps (Harry's Lap Timer was overkill for non-lap drives) I found this app absolutely wonderful to use!! The pairing was seamless, and the CSV data is clean and intuitive. Dashboard of gauges is very clean and definitely a plus. Would recommend to anyone using an Automatic Pro!
Requires some skill to use and could use a few more preset gauges and dashboard styles. You also have to import several PIDs if you want more access to sensor data. Over all great app. Lag is nonexistent using an lelink ble adapter and iPhone 5s displaying 4 or less gauges. You get more lag the more gauges you use at a time, could be the software, adapter or phone, not sure which. Would like to see a Pontiac specific addition, to access some more in depth features on the pcm.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Aug 25, 2017
- Version: 4.1.0
- Size: 83.3 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: OCTECH LLC
- © 2013 OCTech, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Ford 2006 Enhanced Diagnostics$9.99
- Ford 2004 Enhanced Diagnostics$9.99
- Ford 2003 Enhanced Diagnostics$9.99
- Ford 2005 Enhanced Diagnostics$9.99
- Ford 2016 Enhanced Diagnostics$9.99
- Ford 2008 Enhanced Diagnostics$9.99
- Ford 2007 Enhanced Diagnostics$9.99
- Ford 2013 Enhanced Diagnostics$9.99
- Ford 2000 Enhanced Diagnostics$9.99
- Ford 2002 Enhanced Diagnostics$9.99