OBD Fusion is an app for your car that allows you to read OBD2 vehicle data directly from your iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad. You can clear your check engine light, create customized dashboards, read diagnostic trouble codes, estimate fuel economy, and much more! OBD Fusion is also available for Apple Watch!
Is your check engine light on? Do you want to monitor fuel economy and usage in your vehicle? Do you want cool looking virtual dashboards on your iPhone or iPad? If so, then OBD Fusion is the app for you! OBD Fusion is used by professional mechanics, do-it-yourself mechanics, and vehicle owners who want to monitor their vehicle and daily driving habits. Drive smarter, improve your fuel economy, and keep your engine healthy!
IMPORTANT NOTE: You must have a Wi-Fi ELM327 compatible scan tool, Automatic car adapter (Pro or 2nd generation), Carista BLE adapter, Tonwon BLE adapter, Veepeak BLE 4.0 adapter, LELink BLE adapter, Viecar BLE adapter, Lonauto adapter, Vinli adapter, Vgate iCar Bluetooth 4.0, BAST BLE adapter, or Kiwi 3 to use this app. OBD Fusion is not compatible with generic ELM Bluetooth scan tools and 1st generation Automatic car adapters. Checkout the full list of adapters here: https://www.obdsoftware.net/software/obdfusion
OBD Fusion supports all OBD2 and EOBD vehicles sold worldwide. Not sure if your vehicle is OBD2 or EOBD compliant? See this page for more information: https://www.obdsoftware.net/support/knowledge-base/how-do-i-know-whether-my-vehicle-is-obd-ii-compliant/. OBD Fusion can also connect to some JOBD vehicles through advanced configuration in the app. Please contact us for more details.
OBD Fusion is brought to you by OCTech, LLC, the makers of TouchScan and OBDwiz. Now you can get the same great features for your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad!
OBD Fusion has a ton of features, including:
- Read and clear diagnostic trouble codes and your Check Engine Light (MIL)
- Real-time dashboard display with fully customizable gauges
- Performance calculations for 1/4 mile and 0-60 mph track times
- Fuel economy MPG (US and UK), l/100km or km/l calculation
- Full diagnostic report that can be stored and emailed
- Real-time graphing of multiple signals
- Multiple trip meters
- Log data to CSV file and email CSV files
- Create custom enhanced PIDs
- Includes some built-in enhanced PIDs for Ford and GM vehicles
- Display Boost pressure in real-time
- Display Engine Horsepower and Torque
- Display calculated Air-to-fuel ratio
- Display battery voltage
- Read freeze frame data
- Fully customizable units, including English, Imperial, and Metric units
- Real-time graphing
- Over 150 supported PIDs
- Displays vehicle information including VIN and calibration ID
- Emissions readiness for each US state
- Find out if your car will pass emissions inspection
- Oxygen Sensor Results (Mode $05)
- On-board Monitoring Tests (Mode $06)
- In-performance Tracking Counters (Mode $09)
- GPS tracking - plot vehicle parameters on a map in real-time
- Integrated Dropbox functionality
- Available in English, Czech, French, Italian, Spanish and Greek
- Manufacturer specific Enhanced Diagnostics are available for certain vehicles through In-App purchases.
* Some features may be limited based on the adapter that you are using. OBD Fusion with the Automatic adapter is currently limited to reading SAE PID data only. OBD Fusion with the Vinli adapter is currently limited to reading SAE PID data and trouble codes only.
** Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
OBD Fusion for Apple Watch includes the following features:
- View statistics about your last trip
- View quick information about your vehicle
- See where you parked your car on the map
- Set parking meter time on your watch and easily check the time remaining on the parking meter
• Added a preference that allows you to set the amount of dashboard gauge smoothing.
• Improved the process of adding new dashboard gauges.
• Fixed a bug that could cause the import of a user-defined PID CSV file to fail when any row fails to import.
Ratings and Reviews
So I've edited my review an added 3 stars, and here is why: customer support and their ability to respond to reviews to address concerns, big plus here, it shows they are actively aware and engaged in making the app better. Second while you have to go through menus to activate them, there are additional PIDs for ford and gm. If those weren't available, this would of been a deal breaker for me. Third, the app is updated regularly and looks modern with digital readout gauges.
Overall as long as it proves to be as accurate as dash command I'll make the switch.
One thing I would like to see in the future is min max values on the digital read out gauges in addition to current values.
OBD Fusion doesn't have enhanced diagnostics for GM, but it does have some GM specific PIDs that you can import including knock. Open Settings > User-Defined PIDs and press Menu > Import built-in PIDs.
Great IOS App
This app helps me monitor my selected PIDS(engine sensors) that I can choose from many of my engine sensors. The app is very quick to detect my OBD connected to my Ford 2004, V 10, 6.8 L, Motor Home engine. It is very helpful to monitor my fuel usage, and gives me an optimum vehicle speed. The PIDS are easy to select, and you can set over all trip log engine data. All pages are easy to follow, menu selections. Creating, and moving engine sensors, and their design, color, and position, on the user designed Dashboards, are very easy. This IOS app is well worth the App Store price, and quickly pays for itself. I am very pleased with this extreme user friendly app. I highly recommend this app.
Thanks for your review and recommendation! I'm very glad to hear you're enjoying the app!
Great app and great customer support
Bought this app skeptical of the price, but after purchasing i fell in love. I had a few things that i saw could be improved and contacted the support team, they pushed an update quickly fixing what I wanted. For example i have an ipad air 2 mounted in my 2015 mustang. it’s mounted in landscape mode and when i bought the app the menu bar was always out not allowing full screen dashboard/performance/etc. they pushed an update quickly after contacting them. they also added 2015+ vehicle add-ons which i needed. so THANK YOU guys for making your customers happy!
- OCTECH LLC
- 81.7 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2013 OCTech, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Ford 2006 Enhanced Diagnostics $9.99
- Ford 2016 Enhanced Diagnostics $9.99
- Ford 2004 Enhanced Diagnostics $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.