Obsidian keeps all your OTP tokens in a safe place wrapped in an elegant UI.
All the data is stored in your Apple Keychain and not accessible anywhere else.
You can also sync your tokens on your iPhone, iPad and Mac via iCloud.
• Dark Mode
• Favicon Support
• TOTP & HOTP
• Automatic setup via QR code
• Synchronization via iCloud on your iOS and MacOS devices
• Protected access using TouchID or Passcode
• Super-easy copy on Clipboard, just tap on a token and the code will be copied instantly
• Tokens reordering
• Split View on iPad
Support for FaceID is here!
Don't forget to check out the new Dark Mode!
You can find it inside the Settings of the app!
Ratings and Reviews
Clean, simple, and effective.
Now that 2STP Authenticator (which I loved using on my iPhone and MacBook Pro) won’t be developed anymore and is no longer available from the App Store (the developer was hired by Apple), I started looking for a simple, fast, easy-to-use 2-step authenticator with apps for both iOS and MacOS to replace it. I tried SAASPASS, but it’s too complicated and bloated with unnecessary features for me.
If you need a simple, fast, secure, and straightforward 2-step authenticator with pretty much no learning curve (or need to get in touch with tech support to figure out how it works), then Obsidian is a great choice.
Good Replacement to 2STP
I also downloaded this app now that 2STP is no longer being developed. The interface is clean neat and clean. I do miss the Notification Center widgets though.
Much easier to use than Authy
Obsidian is a wonderful cross-platform two-factor authentication app. Adding and deleting accounts to/from Obsidian is extremely easy and much, much quicker than Authy. However, I have two complaints that prevent Obsidian from receiving a 5-star rating:
1) CANNOT REARRANGE ACCOUNTS - In Obsidian, accounts are listed in the order that they are added to the app. This works fine until I realize that the first two accounts in the list are accounts I access maybe 2-3 times every year. Instead of leaving these hardly used accounts at the top of the list, it would be much more beneficial if I could rearrange all of my accounts so that the most used accounts existed at the top of the list. Even simply ordering my accounts alphabetically would make more sense than the current order.
I would really like to see Obsidian provide a feature which allows users to reorder their accounts.
2) CANNOT RENAME ACCOUNTS - When an account is added to Obsidian, the email address registered to that account is displayed in Obsidian. However, if I update the email address on that account, this change is not reflected in Obsidian. Going further, Obsidian does not provide any method of editing each account, meaning that I am forever stuck with the incorrect email address being displayed. The only way to fix this is to delete the account from Obsidian, turn off 2FA on the account, re-enable 2FA on the account, and then go back through the 2FA setup process. This is tremendously annoying.
I would really like to see Obsidian provide the ability to edit the name/email address displayed on accounts.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.