APP FOR DEVELOPERS – see note below.
The LEADTOOLS OCR Scanner application can perform Optical Character Recognition (OCR) on images, extract text from images, and convert images to various document formats with superior accuracy and speed.
• OCR, extract, copy & paste the text from an image taken with your phone's camera or photo gallery for editing and sharing.
• Convert and export images to a variety of document formats, including: PDF, DOCX, Text, SVG, and many more.
• Build and recognize multi-page documents
• Multi-language support - OCR images in English, Spanish, French, German, Italian and more with support for over 45 different languages (text to speech playback available for most languages as well).
• Select portion of image to export to raw text with two select area modes: Selection Rectangle or Touch & Drag
• Copy image from the viewer
• Text-to-Speech "Speak" option for phone playback of extracted text
• Numerous options for optimizing text recognition including Invert, Rotate, and 3D Deskew
• Use the Intelligent Select Area option that allows you to select an area of an image that has both text and graphics and intelligently extract the text.
NOTE: This is one of the applications that is provided with source code in LEADTOOLS, the award-winning SDK for programmers. This application is built using the LEADTOOLS Advantage OCR engine. This app is intended to show developers some of the many capabilities that they can integrate into their own applications using LEADTOOLS. For more information or to download a free evaluation SDK of our full toolkit, including the source code for this app, visit: https://www.leadtools.com/sdk/ocr
We love your feedback! Please feel free to share it with us anytime at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Improved compatibility with iOS 12
Ratings and Reviews
First app I've seen with a Royal Straight flush in spades
Really, up till now I have always found those who were having a bad day, and those who wanted free or low cost apps to read their minds, pick their clothes, and then get ticked off by the app when it did what it said what it was going to do. When I saw the graph with no lower outliers, or for that matter no midrange likes wow! I was honestly shocked. I hit the the 5⭐️ button before, I took my look at the stats. I assure you, that this one is my first 5! I sorta believe that people who give out 1s, or 5s, just hit my tech background as outliers. So I usually try to get the true skinny from the mid opinions. and many of those work out fairly well. I read the lower than 5s, then make decisions.
Took all of that to say that I'm truly bowled over. This one leaves the term 'user friendly', back at the starting block! Software that is intuitive is another understatement.
Well Done Ladies and Gentlemen! So when the giant asteroid has a bead on us, guess who I will be asking for.
Very, very good, but not perfect
I didn’t expect much for a free app, but I was pleasantly surprised. Quick on-device OCR is very good. However, it does not learn from its mistakes. It has some problems with some italic letter combinations, and there is no way to teach it otherwise.
As indicated in the description, this app is a demo, … an extremely functional and useful demo. There are no ads to interrupt your work.
Fast, accurate and easy to use
This is one of the most easy to use apps I tried, the user interface experience is a pleasure.
I tried scanning some documents I have and the results were so accurate, this app helped me extract text from the documents I have exported it to notes and now it can easily be searched.
Give it a try!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.