- For iOS 4, The recognition process can be in back ground. When the recognition finished, it inform App badge icon.
-- It is the only AppStore application that general purpose OCR for Japanese/Chinese/Korean language.
* Doesn't correspond to columnar writing such as Japanese, chinese.
- Take a picture of a text document and using OCR (Optical Character Recognition) this innovative app will convert the image to a text document on your iPhone.
- You can translate other language from OCR result.
- Recognizable / translate language has increased to 36 languages that listed below.
- The OCR reading result can be copied onto the clipboard.
- The OCR reading result can send by mail with image(PDF or JPEG).
- The OCR reading result save automatically up to 1000.
- Update translate service.
Ratings and Reviews
Ocr looks fine but the translation is useless. This is coming off printed korean text. Don't buy.
not to shabby!
I don't know what the other reviewer is talking about. I use an iPod so I can't validate how well it works with the camera. but the recognition is fine using the photo screenshot feature.
it does mistake some charactures if font is odd,small or fuzzy. but does recognize most if not all of a phrase.
whithout tweaking you can not copy & past into some IM or email service. I was able to get around it though. the app creater did email me back and helped correct this concern.
the price is alittle high,I wish it had better photo editing cababilities inside the app. other than that cool app. OCR on iPhone/iPod!!
waste of money - do not buy
i was really hoping this would be good. i spent 10 minutes trying to get it to work. i've worked with OCRs a lot so i know what the problems can be and how to get a good image. this one simply doesn't work. forget about using it for other languages. it doesn't recognize japanese for squat though it does get russian somewhat. in english the error rate is about 60-70% by words meaning that 6 or 7 out of every 10 words has *at least* one wrong character. that makes this app pretty much useless. i'm really hoping for an update. as it is this is just a proof of concept app with little or no practical value to me right now. i'm going to keep trying though.
- Masanori Kanda
- 264.1 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2009 mkanda
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.