Octachron is a flexible 8 Track MIDI Drum Sequencer with rich modulation and sequencing capabilities. It works standalone or as AUv3 AudioUnit in your favourite DAW on iPad.
*Octachron does not create any sound of it's own*
(iOS 11 required, Host has to be compatible with MIDI AudioUnit standard like AUM or Cubasis)
- Standalone or AUv3 AudioUnit
- 1-32 steps with flexible clock divider and custom time signatures
- 8 mutable tracks with flexible length
- Up to 8 chain-able patterns
- Swing with flexible swing grid
- Save and restore your presets
- Parameter lock velocity, trigger probability, ratcheting and CC
- Various presets for popular drum machines
- With velocity and CC modulation your drums become alive
- Multiply number of hits per step with ratcheting
- Trigger probability makes each pattern unique
- Assign MIDI notes to each track or use mapping presets
- Individual track length for allow polyrhythms
- Muting a track help to easily create build-ups in live situations
- Octachron lets you sequence other standalone apps, AUv3 AudioUnits or external hardware via MIDI
- Octachron derives its timing from its host application, it's internal clock or via AbletonLink
- probability is now stored properly in the preset
- fixes some crashes when loading a preset
- Pattern Changes:
- option for quantized pattern changes
- Song Mode:
- Pattern now changes depending on the longest track
- Active step is being reset when pattern changes in songmode
- MIDI control
- Control pattern changes (MIDI 0-7)
- Control track mutes (MIDI 8-15)
Ratings and Reviews
Powerful AU Drum Sequencer w/ P-Locks, Ratcheting, & Probability
First-of-its-kind AU MIDI sequencer from Numerical Audio.
It has mapping presets for Ruismaker, Ruismaker FM, and other AU Drum synths, so you can parameter-lock per-step each drum's pitch, decay, pan, etc. Separate step lengths for each drum, etc. It also has scales so you can use it for melodies too. You can chain patterns in Song Mode. New update fixes lots of things and adds a lot more. Powerful stuff!
This program is impossible to understand without a manual.
Until there is someway of figuring out how this app works I give it 1 star. This is just another program I bought that I can’t figure how to get it to work.
For crying out loud gives us a manual!!!!!
Developer Response ,
Hey, sorry that you are having a bad experience, want to crate a manual in the future but did not get around to do it yet. Till then you can have a look at a video from The Sound Test Room on YouTube, it explains everything really well:
Using the app with ThumbJam and getting unwanted random notes being played, at this point and time this app is not useable for recording.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.