** NOTE: Requires at least an iPhone 4S, iPad 2, iPad Mini or iPod Touch 5th gen. Runs at variable resolution based on device capabilities. Performance settings available in app.
148apps Editor's Choice 4.5/5 Stars "iOS gamers are getting a great adventure game"
TouchArcade 5/5 Stars "every bit as awesome now on a mobile device"
"A stunning and exquisitely realized masterpiece that delivers a gaming experience unlike any that we've seen before" - Game Informer
"A wild, beautiful and exceptional action experience" - IGN
Prepare to immerse yourself in 20 + hours of action-adventure.
In the dusty, undeveloped wastelands of Western Mudos, cantankerous townsfolk find their settlements besieged by belligerent outlaws. Along comes Stranger, a drifter turned bounty hunter, with a unique double-barreled critter-firing crossbow.
Stranger’s Wrath has been passionately upgraded for this all-new release with all exciting new controls that make the most of the mobile format and improved visuals throughout.
* Fully configurable touch-screen controls let you move & re-size individual buttons to suit your play style
* Scalable virtual joystick for fine tuning sensitivity of movement
* Explore living towns, lush forests, and massive industrial facilities
* Seamlessly transition between first-person shooter and third-person platfomer
* Scour your surroundings for live ammo
* Work with a range of strategies to surprise, stun, lure, blast and bag devious outlaws
* Meet incredibly odd, funny and smack-talking townsfolk, enemies and natives
* Fight dozens of varied bosses with outlandish arsenals and outrageous names
* Native iOS gamepad support
* Intuitive touch controls + a redesigned mobile interface make playing & navigating a breeze
* Incredible visuals that harness all the advanced graphics capabilities of today's mobile chipsets
* A hilarious script, theatrical soundtrack and compelling storyline with a shocking twist
* English, German, Russian, French, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Finish, Swedish, and Polish language support
* Leaderboards, Achievements and Cloud Save
1.0.7 Cross Save iOS/OSX/tvOS
32 bit patch
1.0.6 iOS 11 patch.
MFi Controller patch.
Ratings and Reviews
I loved this game when I played it on the Xbox original, but having it on the phone is practically just as good. Once you get used to the controls it feels just like the original game. They did a good job, IMO, with the 1st and 3rd person control. This game is such a classic and being able to play it whenever/where-ever is so awesome. To anyone actually reading this and considering this game, I would highly recommend it. Between the funny dialogue and corky idea for ammunition, it’s such a unique and fun game. BUY IT !!!! You won’t regret it!!!!!!
It’s great to see full console games on iOS that I can buy with absolutely no ads or microtransactions. I hope they continue to bring more like it to the App Store. This port is very well done and MFi controller support is perfect. Runs and looks great on my iPad Pro 10.5. Recently tho, audio cuts out after 10 minutes of play and I have to restart the app. Maybe related to iOS 12. If they fixed that, this game is easily a 5 star recommendation.
The atmosphere and world building really stands the test of time, and the mystery surrounding Stranger keeps you intrigued bounty after bounty. I have fallen in love with the game and am already on my third play through (the game isn’t short I’ve just dedicated that much time to it). I hope we get more from Stranger in the future.
- Oddworld Inhabitants Inc
- 1.2 GB
Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- ©2005-2017 Oddworld Inhabitants, Inc.
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.