Meet Oddy Smog, nothing but a tiny bit of the Smog that Engulfs Everything. He used to be part of the System, but his desire for freedom pushes him to run away from everything he once knew.
Help him in his quest for a new life! Climb the entrails of the same machine from which the Smog erupts and free those who are still enslaved. Rumor says that there is a blue sky up there where the Smog is white…
· Combine jumps and wall climbing to make the most out of your journey.
· Freeing prisoners may be risky, but it is worth it!
· Find Glory and Recognition in worldwide leaderboards.
· Use headphones! You will enjoy a much more intense and immersive gaming experience.
Visit us online at http://playmedusa.com/oddysmog to stay updated with news, videos and whatever may come!
· "There's just something endearing about Oddy, and you find yourself rooting for him to escape his smoggy pursue. (...) for randomly generated high score game enthusiasts this is one that's not to be missed." - TouchArcade
· "This game scores on every level. Let me break it down: Graphics: AWESOME. Concept: AWESOME. Interplay: AWESOME. Aside from making my thumbs hurt from playing too much and too hard, this game touches on every level of awesome." - AppSafari
· "It’s a simple premise, and the result is a fun game that you can easily play over and over again. Swinging upward from gear to gear is great fun. It doesn’t hurt that the artwork is so gorgeous, or that the music is fantastic (...) Oddy Smog’s Misadventure is easily addictive." - 148Apps
· "Whereas those other games generally require you to simply jump from one spinning platform to another, Oddy Smog adds a good deal of difficulty and a bunch of different elements to really challenge the player." - AppSmile
· Featured by Apple - New and Noteworthy - iTunes (06/24/2010)
- The Smog still had something up its sleeve, after all this time. Oddy could die when jumping into the spaceship if the Smog engulfed them. Not anymore! Go, Oddy, go!
- Wait a moment, what's that? A new COG! Is there something more up there? Does this mean there's an actual ending?
Ratings and Reviews
Should be more popular
Oddy Smog's Misadventure is everything an excellent game should be. Simple to learn but difficult to master, the gameplay adds an original twist on the popular "jumping" genre. The prisoners add strategy to the game, forcing you to think quickly and go out of your way, though the score multiplier and "wall jump" are well worth it. The amazing graphics and music only make it that much more epic. The instant deaths after a jumping platform/rocket ship/teleporter are a little annoying, especially after you've made it a few thousand meters, but not enough for me to remove a star. An adventure mode would be pretty cool as well.
Overall this is a fantastic app, and at $0.99 you have nothing to lose. You will not be disappointed.
Very enjoyable but has some big flaws
Let me start off by saying this game is absolutely worth 99 cents. A vertical climb game along the lines of ninjatown or doodle jump. With a unique art style, and great music this is easy to recommend. I personally found the controls easy to understand, and don't get where all the complaints come from... Half the screen is for jumping and the other half for grabbing, what's so hard about that?
What I don't like about the game are the boost items that essentially = insta death. What's the point in punishing the player for picking up a 'special' item? If this one problem were fixed it would be a 5 star game.
Superb and Terribly Underrated
Oddy has been on my Phone since the day I discovered it. It's terribly wonderful, yet unfathomably under-appreciated. The sense of style and sound design has not many equals on the App Store. However, it seems folks are in love with ugly doodles and fart apps to notice. I guess that's just how it is, but how it is is just sad. At least, people, download the lite version. Any little bit helps. I love the app, though, and it'll be on my phone for the foreseeable future. A little retina love would be awesome, though. Cheers.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.