Odyssea - Track & share your sailing adventures!
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Odyssea is a modern iOS app for tracking coastal cruises and sharing real-time progress with friends and family.
Odyssea automates the recording process of trips including route coordinates, starting point, end point, maximum and average speed, overall duration, sailing versus motoring hours and more! It will add a new dimension to the art of sailing and enhance traditional logs. Odyssea provides both online and offline data saving without internet connection making sure that no data is ever lost from your voyages. It is simple enough to be used by amateur crew-members who charter boats yet powerful enough to be used by skippers in conjunction with the boat instruments.
1. Automatically track your routes on your iPhone or iPad, even without Internet connection. The free version allows you to save one route and one favourite boat. An "Unlimited Routes & Boats" package is available in the Odyssea Store.
2. Monitor your real-time progress using a beautiful modern dashboard. At any moment you can see your:
- Exact position with GPS coordinates
- Heading in degrees and cardinal directions
- Speed over ground, top speed and average speed registered in knots
- Distance made good since the beginning of the trip (in nautical miles)
- Elapsed time
- GPS signal strength
- Number of tracked positions
- Current route displayed on a map (if Internet connection is available).
3. Share your exact position and current route by pressing the “Send Position” button on dashboard. At this point all your skipper friends can see the exact position of your boat on the sea and the route travelled (this functionality is available only given Internet access). An automatic live position reporting functionality (similar to AIS) is also available as an in-app purchase.
4. Keep track of all your routes, which are automatically synced to the back-end server. You can save all your routes offline on your iPhone and later synchronize them to our server, when you are back online. This way you will never lose any information. Plus if you use more than one device, your data is automatically synced between them.
5. Keep track of your favourite boat(s) - how many miles you sail on them, how much you use the engine, etc.
6. Access all your sailing record in a beautiful Skipper Profile Dashboard!
7. Be up-to-date with your friends’ sailing adventures. Every time a route is completed or a skipper reports a “fix” position, a new activity is created on your Activity Feed and a push-notification is sent to your phone.
8. Easily manage your list of skipper friends (Following) and see who is watching your sailing activity (Followers).
9. Easily create an account through Facebook login, which also allows you (optionally!) to share real-time information on Facebook wall (live fixes while cruising) as well as complete routes.
10. Save all your routes automatically to Dropbox as .GPX and .CSV files for quick importing in other applications (Google Earth, Maps, etc).
11. Create and edit logbook entries for each route.
If you love cruising, racing, exploring and sharing your adventures, Odyssea is your perfect tool and companion!
Since the iPhone and the iPad are not professional dedicated navigation devices, by buying this app you agree that you will not use Odyssea for navigation or as a replacement for AIS.
Furthermore continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
PRIVACY: If you choose Facebook Connect for your Odyssea account, the app accesses only your name, location, photo and email address from your Facebook public profile in order to simplify the process of creating your skipper profile. Odyssea doesn’t post anything on your behalf, but offers you the possibility to publish sailing related information on Facebook wall.
What's New in Version 3.5
* Upgraded to the latest Dropbox API for a smooth Dropbox integration. The "gpx" files of the saved routes can now be found in the "Dropbox--> Apps --> Odyssea" directory.
* Fixed a WatchKit bug that sometimes crashed the main app running on the iPhone and optimized the data sync between the phone and the watch apps.
* Various other fixes and improvements.
We always listen to your comments and suggestions! Please visit http://odyssea.uservoice.com or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for any issues or desired features.
And don't forget to follow us @odysseaapp or at www.facebook.com/odysseaapp to keep up to date with all the latest news!
Happy sailing, tracking and sharing!
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Jan 31, 2017
- Version: 3.5
- Size: 17.2 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: QUANTSTREAM SRL
- © 2015 Quantstream SRL
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Apple Watch Extension$2.99
- Unlimited Routes and Boats$4.99
- Auto Position Reporting$2.99
- Create Logbook Entries$2.99
- Save Routes to Dropbox$2.99