OffBeat New Orleans Mobile
By Susco Solutions
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Did you know that New Orleans is the most musical place on earth? Now you can experience the unique music and culture of New Orleans FREE on your iPhone!
Every month for almost 25 years, OffBeat Magazine has taken its readers inside New Orleans' music, food and culture, and on a great trip through Louisiana’s fairs, festivals, and unique cultural traditions through its monthly print publication, its website at OffBeat.com, a weekly newsletter, the Weekly Beat, and through its annual music awards party and celebration, the Best of The Beat Awards.
OffBeat’s specialty is the rich musical culture of New Orleans and Louisiana. We do pay tribute to the historical figures who defined the region's past in jazz, R&B, soul, Cajun and zydeco. But OffBeat also focuses on its hip musical present and the musicians who play funk, rock, hip-hop and the adventurous blends and variations that develop almost daily in the Big Easy. OffBeat investigates the city's rich food culture in news, reviews, and interviews with chefs, parts of the restaurant industry, and musicians, who talk about where and what they eat, and why they love New Orleans. Learn about the city’s neighborhoods and traditions: from Mardi Gras Indians to the Voodoo Music Experience, from the Ninth Ward to “back o’ town,” OffBeat has its finger on the pulse of one of America’s most interesting—and fun—cities.
• Full Club and Venue Listings: Find out who's playing at clubs, bars and other venues all over the city.
• Venue Directory: Get quick maps, contact info, and descriptions of just about every venue in town that hosts live music.
• Extensive restaurant directory with maps and contact info for the best restaurants in New Orleans.
OffBeat Daily Video
• OffBeat’s YouTube du Jour video, updated every day, right in the app.
OffBeat News and Views
• Stay up-to-date with daily stories and news on New Orleans and Louisiana music, food and culture.
• Whenever there’s a music festival taking place in New Orleans, we’ve got the full performance schedule conveniently available in the OffBeat app.
OffBeat Current Magazine
• Click through to see our entire magazine online.
Social Media and Photos
• Get the quickest updates and news from OffBeat on Twitter and Facebook.
• Send us your mobile photos: Readers can share the view from where they are with others reading the app. Use the app to send in photos taken on your iPhone to an online photo album of other readers' photos.
OffBeat New Orleans Mobile helps you stay connected to New Orleans whether you live here—or you’d just like to!
What's New in Version 2.2
Was way way way overdue for an update to fix the major crashing/loading problem and it's finally arrived! Slicker interface. Thank you!
Perfect. Works great. Cuts to the chase of what I need and makes detailed info available if I want it.
Where was this was I was a college kid at Tulane? Oh yea. Apple had just released the MAC SE and digital music was a set of beeps.
Good stuff here.
Does not work. It loads up for a minute and then after the splash screen clears, the resulting page does not respond to touch clicks. It just sits there. I have removed it from my phone.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Mar 21, 2012
- Version: 2.2
- Size: 5.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Susco Solutions, LLC
- © 2010 OffBeat Magazine
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.