By Microsoft Corporation
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Office Lens trims, enhances and makes pictures of whiteboards and documents readable. Office Lens can convert images to editable Word and PowerPoint files too.
Office Lens is like having a scanner in your pocket. Like magic, it will digitize notes on whiteboards or blackboards. Always find important documents or business cards. Sketch your ideas and snap a picture for later. Don't lose receipts or stray sticky notes again!
- Capture and crop a picture of a whiteboard or blackboard and share your meeting notes with co-workers.
- Make digital copies of your printed documents, business cards or posters and trim them precisely.
- Printed and handwritten text will be automatically recognized (using OCR), so you can search for words in images and then copy and edit them.
- With Whiteboard mode, Office Lens trims and cleans up glare and shadows.
- With Document mode, Office Lens trims and colors images perfectly.
- Pictures can be saved to OneNote, OneDrive or other cloud storage.
- Business Card mode can extract contact information and save it into your address book and OneNote. This feature works best with the following business cards: English, German, Spanish and Simplified Chinese. Support for more languages is coming soon.
- Choose to convert images to Word (.docx), PowerPoint (.pptx) or PDF (.pdf) files that are automatically saved to OneDrive.
What's New in Version 2.3.17070404
I was actually impressed by this app. I usually use my normal camera to take notes for class, but this app enhances that. The most impressive thing I noticed about this app is how you can easily take a photo from the sides and it straightens it out with no image issues whatsoever. A minor issue I did notice however is that the user would have to manually turn off the Auto setting for the flash for every picture they wish to take. While this might be helpful for lighting in photos, sometimes in certain situations (such as a dark classroom) the flash would not be appreciated by others and forgetting to turn it off might be a little embarrassing. Other than that, this app seems very well made and works as directed. Five stars from me.
Receipts and More!
Of the all the receipts I have already scanned and are still finding, although I no longer work where I used to, as far as their reimbursable policy goes, whether the supplies that, were needed I did not put in for, end up being a post employment donation to write off next year come tax time or they cut me a check, this application is so awesome!
Even more awesome is the fact that it is not only for receipts and has different settings for documents, business cards and others!
Impressed - does not do this awesome app justice. Surprised by this additional excellence from Microsoft - not in the least!
I rely on this app exclusively for PDF conversion and OCR capabilities together with my OneDrive account....
One big functionality missing is ability to choose destination folder when uploading this to cloud and optionally choosing a more descriptive file name...
Alternatively or in addition to choosing destination folder it would be nice to be able to open whatever folder the file has been uploaded to in the native OneDrive app to be able to rename the file or move or copy it to another folder.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jul 15, 2017
- Version: 2.3.17070404
- Size: 22.5 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Microsoft Corporation
- © 2015 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.