By Microsoft Corporation
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Office Lens trims, enhances and makes pictures of whiteboards and documents readable. Office Lens can convert images to editable Word and PowerPoint files too.
Office Lens is like having a scanner in your pocket. Like magic, it will digitize notes on whiteboards or blackboards. Always find important documents or business cards. Sketch your ideas and snap a picture for later. Don't lose receipts or stray sticky notes again!
- Capture and crop a picture of a whiteboard or blackboard and share your meeting notes with co-workers.
- Make digital copies of your printed documents, business cards or posters and trim them precisely.
- Printed and handwritten text will be automatically recognized (using OCR), so you can search for words in images and then copy and edit them.
- With Whiteboard mode, Office Lens trims and cleans up glare and shadows.
- With Document mode, Office Lens trims and colors images perfectly.
- Pictures can be saved to OneNote, OneDrive or other cloud storage.
- Business Card mode can extract contact information and save it into your address book and OneNote. This feature works best with the following business cards: English, German, Spanish and Simplified Chinese. Support for more languages is coming soon.
- Choose to convert images to Word (.docx), PowerPoint (.pptx) or PDF (.pdf) files that are automatically saved to OneDrive.
What's New in Version 2.6.17101103
Bug fixes and performance improvements
Everything works well enough for daily uses. I use it to scan and store most paper notes, receipts, documents, magazine clips... Most of the times the app detects the boundaries of the document and automatically crops the scanned image to remove unwanted background. However, sometimes when the contrast between the background and the document is not high enough and/or the light level is low, the app cannot tell where the boundaries are and keeps switching around and snaps on to the wrong boundary lines. I try to move & adjust the phone to different angles & positions to get the app to snap on the correct boundaries but before I can hit the button it switches away to the wrong ones again. If it cannot determine where the correct boundaries are then it should just pick one and allow the user to cycle through the options until he/she finds the correct one. Miscrosoft should add the annotate option after the picture is taken to hi-lite, circle, underline or add a quick note to the scanned image.
Best of all
I tried a few other options out there, even some of the paid apps. This one is always working very good even at low light and fuzzy background conditions. The functionality is very simple and useful. No bloated stuff and is very clean. Serve my daily usage purpose.
After exporting business card to OneNote, it automatically turns into a digital business card
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Oct 16, 2017
- Version: 2.6.17101103
- Size: 43.4 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Microsoft Corporation
- © 2015 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.