By Microsoft Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Office Lens trims, enhances and makes pictures of whiteboards and documents readable. Office Lens can convert images to editable Word and PowerPoint files too.
Office Lens is like having a scanner in your pocket. Like magic, it will digitize notes on whiteboards or blackboards. Always find important documents or business cards. Sketch your ideas and snap a picture for later. Don't lose receipts or stray sticky notes again!
- Capture and crop a picture of a whiteboard or blackboard and share your meeting notes with co-workers.
- Make digital copies of your printed documents, business cards or posters and trim them precisely.
- Printed and handwritten text will be automatically recognized (using OCR), so you can search for words in images and then copy and edit them.
- With Whiteboard mode, Office Lens trims and cleans up glare and shadows.
- With Document mode, Office Lens trims and colors images perfectly.
- Pictures can be saved to OneNote, OneDrive or other cloud storage.
- Business Card mode can extract contact information and save it into your address book and OneNote. This feature works best with the following business cards: English, German, Spanish and Simplified Chinese. Support for more languages is coming soon.
- Choose to convert images to Word (.docx), PowerPoint (.pptx) or PDF (.pdf) files that are automatically saved to OneDrive.
What's New in Version 1.5.1
- Bug fixes
It's ok, needs some improvements
Works ok, but they need to make some basic feature improvements. They frequently update it to supposedly eliminate bugs, but rarely add any features.
Biggest annoyance: frequent prompts for me to give it a 5 start rating. This is quite irritating after the 100th time. Please stop this nag.
Another annoyance: moving the bottom right corner of the crop rectangle (it too often results in moving the entire image and makes it off-center instead off just moving the crop corner). Curiously, the other 3 corners are moved easily and function as you'd expect.
Lastly: for years, some other scan apps have used a cool feature to help when cropping and trying to select new corners of a document. Basically, since the key part of the iPhone screen is covered by your finger when you try to crop a corner, an off-set magnifying glass pops up to the side and shows exactly where the app is registering your finger press. This is hard to explain in a review with no images, but just go use top rated competitive apps awhile to see what i mean and eventually you should discover it.
Perfect - now it's separate from OneNote
I love OneNote, but now OfficeLens is finally starting to show it's true colors (capabilities).
Always more room for improvement like OCR abilities with TIFF / PDF, other stuff, direct email abilities to your contacts or it opens your mail client Outlook App or Apple iOS mail app.
OneDrive, Box, Twitter, Facebook, dynamics, Azure - etc.
Limitless possibilities and this is just the beginning.
I do want to see TWO Factor authentication via AD / TACACS+/RADIUS/Rsa KeyFob / Microsoft Authenticator app / Verisign VIP app and text IF YOU MUST. Don't force us to give the cell phone # like Google does to use 2 factor. Keep it as is like Microsoft Authenticator app, Apple Keychain etc. I use app passwords too, but having both options is key.
Especially in today's world of security demands. Even a free service has a social contract to be secure. Don't be Sony, Yahoo!, Target, State of California, Gmail, etc.
Can you believe we actually used to buy "desktop scanners "
I laugh at anyone in an office, or personal environment using a big clunky cable tethered and slow desktop scanner.
Your phone is always on you and ready, why not use it to scan!? Microsoft lens offers exactly that. It's quick cropping and perspective correction is fantastic. One of my favorite apps.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Feb 13, 2017
- Version: 1.5.1
- Size: 36.0 MB
- Languages: English, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Seller: Microsoft Corporation
- © 2015 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.