By Microsoft Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Office Lens trims, enhances and makes pictures of whiteboards and documents readable. Office Lens can convert images to editable Word and PowerPoint files too.
Office Lens is like having a scanner in your pocket. Like magic, it will digitize notes on whiteboards or blackboards. Always find important documents or business cards. Sketch your ideas and snap a picture for later. Don't lose receipts or stray sticky notes again!
- Capture and crop a picture of a whiteboard or blackboard and share your meeting notes with co-workers.
- Make digital copies of your printed documents, business cards or posters and trim them precisely.
- Printed and handwritten text will be automatically recognized (using OCR), so you can search for words in images and then copy and edit them.
- With Whiteboard mode, Office Lens trims and cleans up glare and shadows.
- With Document mode, Office Lens trims and colors images perfectly.
- Pictures can be saved to OneNote, OneDrive or other cloud storage.
- Business Card mode can extract contact information and save it into your address book and OneNote. This feature works best with the following business cards: English, German, Spanish and Simplified Chinese. Support for more languages is coming soon.
- Choose to convert images to Word (.docx), PowerPoint (.pptx) or PDF (.pdf) files that are automatically saved to OneDrive.
What's New in Version 1.5.2
- Authenticator app supported
We’ve addressed an issue some users had when using Authenticator to sign in with their work or school account.
- Bug fixes
My Go-To Scan and Whiteboard App
I use the whiteboard photo feature often in classes and can either put directly into my Word Doc or sent to my One Note notebook. When colleagues want the info in their absence for work, it's a snap and an email in PDF. I've imaged signed documents to send electronically, and the features are simple and intuitive to use.
Surprisingly Useful- Made it to my first page of apps
It's fast, intuitive and shares so easily. I'm replacing my old scan app with it and use it for all business cards now. The "hard press" shortcut to scan various doc types clinched it for me. I don't know a good way to scan a multi-page doc to .pdf. That's the only thing.
This app has streamlined my workflow significantly (when used with OneNote). I wish there was an option to take multiple pictures without having to preview each one after it is taken, however, this only minimally slows things down. Highly recommend!
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Mar 27, 2017
- Version: 1.5.2
- Size: 36.0 MB
- Languages: English, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Seller: Microsoft Corporation
- © 2015 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.