By Microsoft Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Office Lens trims, enhances and makes pictures of whiteboards and documents readable. Office Lens can convert images to editable Word and PowerPoint files too.
Office Lens is like having a scanner in your pocket. Like magic, it will digitize notes on whiteboards or blackboards. Always find important documents or business cards. Sketch your ideas and snap a picture for later. Don't lose receipts or stray sticky notes again!
- Capture and crop a picture of a whiteboard or blackboard and share your meeting notes with co-workers.
- Make digital copies of your printed documents, business cards or posters and trim them precisely.
- Printed and handwritten text will be automatically recognized (using OCR), so you can search for words in images and then copy and edit them.
- With Whiteboard mode, Office Lens trims and cleans up glare and shadows.
- With Document mode, Office Lens trims and colors images perfectly.
- Pictures can be saved to OneNote, OneDrive or other cloud storage.
- Business Card mode can extract contact information and save it into your address book and OneNote. This feature works best with the following business cards: English, German, Spanish and Simplified Chinese. Support for more languages is coming soon.
- Choose to convert images to Word (.docx), PowerPoint (.pptx) or PDF (.pdf) files that are automatically saved to OneDrive.
What's New in Version 2.3.17070404
Nowadays where everything is almost digital, this app is explicably useful in converting a lot of my documents into digital files instantly without the use of a scanner. Files are sharp and clean quality especially with good lighting. Love the whiteboard style for my notes. Kudos to whomever designed this Software's algorithm🙌🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼
Cannot rename scan before uploading
Great app, but I'd like to be able to rename a scan after taking the pic. The current auto generated name isn't particularly helpful in identifying scans.
Also, the app could use clearer prompts about what the user is supposed to do after taking a pic. I figured it out, but I definitely had a few "ok, now what" moments.
Surprised at how well this works
I am normally the first to eschew anything produced by Microsoft, but this app actually works really well. I can take pictures with my phone, the app automatically crops the document and I can email it or save it easily.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jul 15, 2017
- Version: 2.3.17070404
- Size: 22.5 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Microsoft Corporation
- © 2015 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.