Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Office² HD, the most intuitive and straightforward office document editor available on the iPad, makes it easy to open, view, create and edit Word (DOC & DOCX), Excel (XLS & XLSX), and PowerPoint (PPT & PPTX) files right from your iPad!
Check out this video of Office² HD in action: http://bit.ly/iK1vFT
Office² HD now provides unrivalled support for document tracked changes.
Office² HD also offers the most advanced solution for connecting you to all of your stored documents! Access your Google Docs, DropBox and Microsoft SkyDrive files at any time, to securely open and work on any and all of your most important documents!
Office² HD delivers:
• Create, edit and save Word DOC & DOCX files
• Character formatting, including:
- Text and fill color
- Bold, Italic, Underline
- Font face & Size
• Paragraph formatting including alignment, line spacing, margins, indenting, bullets and numbering
• Support for tables, including table creation
• Support for floating and inline images (inserting from camera roll or pasting from other programs)
• Support for shapes and floating text boxes
• Support for textual tracked changes
• Footnotes, endnotes and comments
• Multi-column formatting
• Supports section breaks, page breaks and column breaks
• View headers and footers
• Ruler bar with ability to set paragraph margins and tab stops
• Searching of text within documents
• Undo and redo, up to 100 undo levels
• Auto-correction and auto-completion are supported
• Spell check
• Copy & Paste, even text and images from other applications (including Safari)
• Create, edit and save Excel XLS & XLSX files
• Handle multiple worksheets with unlimited rows and columns
• Search and sort cells
• Cell formatting: (bold, italic, borders, text and cell color, alignment, text wrapping)
• Cell types: General, Number, Currency, Percentage, Date, Time, and Text
• Merge cells feature
• Pane freezing
• Tap and drag to change row heights and column widths
• Intelligent auto range selection for range based functions
• Tap cells to compose formula
• Insert, copy, paste or cut cell ranges, rows or columns
• Date formats, date separators and numeric separators are all handled correctly according to the current locale, with manual override
• 146 different functions
• Create, edit and save PowerPoint PPT & PPTX files
• Insert images and countless common shapes
• Comprehensive text and paragraph formatting: (font size and face, text color and highlight, paragraph alignment, line spacing)
• Rotation of text and shapes
• Slide ordering
• Slide show mode with simulated laser pointer
• Slide show presentation on external monitor
• File versioning. Revert to any of the last 10 file versions.
• Save documents, spreadsheets and presentations in PDF format
• Wireless printing (iOS4.2 and later)
• GOOGLE DOCS: Office² HD allows you to view and edit the documents and spreadsheets stored in your Google Docs account. Not only does this enhance file transfers to and from Office² HD, you can also edit the same files on the iPad AND from within your web browser.
• Users can also open, edit, save, delete and rename files stored in Dropbox, Box.net, Microsoft SkyDrive, Huddle, ShareFile and any WebDAV server
• Organize files into folders
• Open DOC, DOCX, XLS, XLSX, PDF, PPT, PPTX and TXT email attachments within Office² HD
• Email any file you are working on from within Office² HD
What's New in Version 5.3
Bug and crash fixes
Once again, a fine ap that is made useless by the fact that it's missing some simple -- but incredibly key -- functions. This app isn't alone in this, and I simply cannot understand why iPad office apps don't understand that if you're missing some basics, the app is useless to many people. And what are those basics?
There is no way to move or copy an entire folder structure. But far, far worse is the fact that you can't SYCN anything other than single files with Dropbox. You can't create and sync folder structures for drop box, or at least I haven't found a way.
Apple products are, quite simply, data roach motels. Apple wants your data, and wants to keep it, and the developers of these apps often aide them.
If you're only working with one file at a time, or you have no concept of using directories to sort and save your work, this app is great. If you need a real word processor that understands basic file handling, move off the iPad and onto something else.
BIG Font Issues
If you don't mind typing all your documents in Helvetica 11pt you may be satisfied with this app. If, however, you want to be able to change fonts, and font sizes etc...you will be very frustrated because it CONSTANTLY reverts back to Helvetica 11. If I want another font I must constantly change it back many times to keep that font in place. For no reason. Sometimes looks ok and I save my file and when I reopen it some of the writing (but not all) has reverted to Helvetica. Once every other word was Helvetica! Also the little font size wheel is hard to use and just keeps rolling and is not as user friendly as some selection wheels. Finally when you select a word to cut a section, you can't highlight backward. ever. so you must always start with the FIrst word of any section you want to "cut".
Doesn't seem like it would be too tricky to fix some of these things and make this a user friendly app.
Fix bugs & it could be 5 stars
I wanted an app that would allow me to review and edit an existing word documents with track changes that was 50 pages long and it would inconsistently freeze and lock my iPad. While the support is there, and undoubtedly probably works with smaller documents. It would frequently freeze and lockup, requiring me to kill the app and in some cases reboot the iPad. Worse the recovered document would now contain errors; i.e. Formatting that had been saved and edited would disappear, and all the change tracking would be off: comments would have their context shifted by some random number of characters, deletions and edits would appear in the wrong place; etc. I'm also unable to select the whole document to make global changes like font, spacing, or style changes without causing the app to freeze. Unless developer fixes many of these issues it's a waste of $8.
- Category: Business
- Updated: Dec 17, 2013
- Version: 5.3
- Size: 13.1 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Byte Squared
- © Byte Squared Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.