The Official Guide for GMAT® Review - 13th Edition
By gWhiz, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
From the Graduate Management Admission Council, the creator of the GMAT® exam, get official questions and full answers with explanations straight from the source – and on the go. With The Official Guide for GMAT® Review, 13th Edition, you’ll analyze your test results, easily add more questions directly from the app, register to take the GMAT exam on mba.com, find a Test Center, and more, all on your mobile device. GMAT exam questions in this app are the same as those in The Official Guide book, and include questions from the Integrated Reasoning section introduced in June 2012.
• Official GMAT exam questions with full answer explanations from questions found in The Official Guide
• This starter app includes 50 Quantitative and Verbal questions covering all question types, plus four Integrated Reasoning questions: one of each question type
• Over 800 Quantitative and Verbal questions and 50 IR questions are available with an in-app Pro Pack purchase
• Access the Integrated Reasoning website to practice all four IR question types
• User friendly features similar to those seen in the real exam
• Track your performance on the device to see how you’re doing during your entire review
• Question timer to help you practice your pace
• Questions available in “Exam” mode (which postpones answer explanations and score to the end of the section) as well as “Practice” mode (where you can see the answer explanations as you work through problems)
• Register to take the GMAT exam through the app
• Find a Test Center via the Test Center Locator capability
• Social media integration (including mba.com blogs and Official GMAT Facebook page)
• Exam date countdown based on user-provided data
• Available in more than 90 countries
What's New in Version 1.1
iPhone 5 support
Minor bug fixes
This has got to be the worst designed paid app ever
I do not recommend buying this app. I repeat. Do not buy this app!
My advice is not based on the price. The price is fine. The ebook and and dead-tree version cost about the same. I have no qualms about that. The problem is with the app itself. It is one of the worst made paid apps I have ever used. The constant image loaded equations and numbers, even when they are conventional ones where you can type straight up. The text in the reading comprehension section is so small and blurred, it’s barely recognizable, even on an iPad.
Worst of all, practicing with the questions is beyond excruciating pain. You feel like self-immolating after about three tries. You only have a choice of doing 1, 5, 10, 40 questions at a time. Once you’re finished, you are not allowed to answer more questions in the same section without erasing all the questions you have already answered, and start over. In effect, you will be doing the same questions over and over again.
For the reading comp section, since you can only do a preset number of questions, you will see many passages with just a question or two before the computer forces you to the next one. Then you will have to revisit some of the passages down the road, again with only a question or two presented. This app is frustrating beyond human tolerance.
Do not buy it!
Not What It Should Be
As a convenient source of practice questions, this app is of some value to those preparing to take the GMAT. As a source of advice, it is mediocre at best. The questions appear to have been drawn from real tests. The ETS staff has the expertise and experience to produce sopisticated, well-designed question sets. The explanations appear to have been written by amateurs.
Need to be fix
This needs to be fix. Lots of issue like if you flag a question you can't find it, the flag is useless also you can't clear the history of done question if you like to repeat it again but you want to give your the feeling as first time. Not acceptanle
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Education
- Updated: Mar 12, 2013
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 21.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: gWhiz, LLC
- Copyright ©2012, Graduate Management Admission Council® (GMAC®). All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Pro Pack Upgrade$29.99