NBSTSA's Certified Surgical First Assistant app is a powerful examination simulator that allows you to create customized practice tests with detailed answer explanations for every question. View your results and examination history with just a few taps. Study anywhere at any time without Internet.
The app utilizes the “spacing effect” to enhance your learning capability. You’ll space out your studying into shorter, more productive study sessions, which allow your brain to retain more information. Simply tell the app how many questions you want to take, enable the timer, and filter examination content to create the perfect study experience.
POCKET PREP KEY FEATURES:
• Two practice modes: simulation and study
• Automatic test saving and retrieval
• Detailed history and results reporting
• Intuitive navigation
• Question of the Day access
• Study reminders
• Exam day countdown
The questions in this examination prep app were created by the NBSTSA and incorporate the same stringent and secure practices used to create the CSFA examination. Questions were written and reviewed by subject matter experts utilizing the CSFA Content Outline to ensure that only the highest quality questions are published to best prepare candidates for their CSFA examination.
FREE WITH DOWNLOAD:
√ 10 practice questions and rationales
√ New "Question of the Day" each day
√ CSFA examination information
FULL PAID VERSION:
+ 238 total practice questions
+ Detailed answer explanations
+ References to source materials
+ Exam creation customization
+ Priority email support
CSFA SUBJECT AREAS:
- Administrative and Personnel
- Advanced Principles Of Microbiology
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Equipment Sterilization and Maintenance
- Intra-Operative Procedures
- Post-Operative Procedures
- Pre-Operative Preparation
- Surgical Pharmacology and Anesthesia
The NBSTSA recommends using this mobile app in conjunction with other study products available on www.nbstsa.org for a comprehensive examination preparation approach.
Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
After taking the CSFA exam, I’m totally disappointed! These questions did not match what were on the exam, this app did NOT fully prepare me to take the exam! I would NOT recommend this app to anyone !!! Would NOT pay to upgrade either!!!
This app was everything I needed. I would screenshot the answer review and study them every night . I passed on my 1st time w a 140.
Information is great! This helps me broaden my study range. Plus learning a lot more!!
- Pocket Prep, Inc.
- 57.5 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © The National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting & Pocket Prep, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- CSFA Premium $39.99
- CSFA Special $34.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.