1. Save the relevant webpage or even an entire website onto your computer.
2. Zip up the folder.
3. Transfer zip file to Offline Browser via iTunes. (Offline Browser is able to handle transfer of over 1GB of data)
4. Unzip and you are ready to browse :)
Some popular uses for Offline Browser:
* Save a website for later viewing if you expect to be going somewhere without or with limited internet/wifi access.
* Conveniently view electronic program schedules and itineraries at a convention or conference.
* Are you a photographer, designer or artist? This is the perfect platform for showing off your work and portfolios (especially recommended for iPads).
If you have any suggestions or awesome ideas of how we can utilize Offline Browser in other ways, or if you think of something we can improve, send us your thoughts.
Use a button to toggle full screen view
Ratings and Reviews
This really only works if you already have a website on your hard drive. Otherwise you will have to download a website to your hard drive first. Then you have to zip the file, then drag the file to the app in iTunes. Then you can open the program and unzip the file easily. However, that is when you find out that you need to pay $10 for the Pro version in order to unzip anything larger than 10MB even though the description says it will do 1GB at least. So out of two websites I wanted to use, only one of them was less than 10MB. I'm not going to pay good money for something that is already way too cumbersome to use. Oh, and if you upload a file bigger than 10MB and then see if you can unzip it, you get a screen that gives you an option to buy the Pro version or cancel, except cancel doesn't work, so you have to shut down the app (I don't mean exit, I mean shut it down from the iOS toolbar). Horrible. It also has ads, which might be okay if the software wasn't already crippled. Then the browser is just the very basic built-in browser, not Safari. So no bookmarks, Reader, etc.
Back & forward buttons
Back and forward buttons is absolutely essential for smooth browsing.
It works so-so. It loaded my zip file ok but when I try to navigate through the site I get a bunch of blank pages, but when I hit the back button I usually (not always) get the page I need. Maybe it is my file, but it works with other apps just fine.
Plus this app does not display on a larger screen (I am using an iPad 1).
It would also be great if I don't have to load a file through iTunes. What about box.net?
- Daniel Chong
- 911.6 KB
- Requires iOS 4.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- ©2011 StillPig.com
- In-App Purchases
- Pro version $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.