In the spirit of Bayanihan and volunteerism, the OFW Watch app and volunteer support
network is a private sector initiative, in partnership with the Philippines Department of Labor
and Employment (DOLE) and the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA), to
empower the overseas Filipinos with the mobile and social networking technology they need to
help themselves, help each other and help the government agencies tasked with supporting
Safety: An Emergency SOS button. Tapping this button will generate an immediate response,
including, but not limited to:
- An immediate call back to ascertain the situation.
- An immediate targeted broadcasting of your SOS message and location to the
concerned embassy, DOLE and attached agencies, nearby volunteers, community
- Real-time broadcasting and monitoring of the status of the SOS to final resolution.
Report a Concern:
- Non-emergency reporting function for abuse, missing OFWs or corruption.
- Alerts – Users are notified when a Filipino move nearby.
- Find Others – Uses geo-location data to connect you with other OFWs, ex-pats and
community groups nearby. Profiles of nearby users, includes a link to their public social
networks, such as a Facebook page, to facilitate a connection if both parties mutually
- Check-in functions: Tight integration with Google Places to identify popular/safe
locations for Filipinos with reviews and comments by other Filipinos.
- Groups: Ability for users to locate local Filipino Associations/groups or to create local
Ask a Question – A knowledgeable staff and community volunteers monitor all questions and
deliver prompt answers on anything under the sun. Anything from how to make chicken soup
to how to renew your passport. Ask anything and get an answer. We are here to make your life
OFW Work Journal:
- A DOLE and OWWA supported Work Journal for OFWs to record work conditions.
- Work Journals can be monitored remotely by OWWA and POLO, including posts, photos
and videos posted by the OFW in response to specific questions posted to the Work
Journal by OWWA or POLO staff.
- Directories of all Philippine Embassies, Consulates, OWWA, POLO offices. Each listing
contains detailed information, including Google maps, hotlines, fax numbers, email
addresses, directions and contact names.
- FAQs: hundreds of answers. Frequently asked questions from OWWA, POEA and DFA.
- Programs: Access to programs and mini-website, including currency converter, simple
translator, language lessons, tips and much, much more.
- Performance Enhancement
- Mynd Dynamic Team, Inc.
- 138.6 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- ©COPYRIGHT 2018. Mynd Dynamic Team, Inc. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.