OG Card Deck
By Mayerson Academy
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Developed for Mayerson Academy's accredited Orton-Gillingham training programs now offered online, this simple and effective Orton-Gillingham electronic card deck enhances understanding of over 80 common grapheme-phoneme correspondences that form the building blocks for reading and spelling. Each grapheme* card offers the multisensory experience of hearing the corresponding phoneme and key word, watching a video clip showing articulation of the phoneme, and the opportunity to practice the phoneme with a voice recording/playback option.
- Easy-to-navigate, multisensory flashcard approach for in-depth practice or quick review
- User-friendly interface with clean, modern graphics that appeal to children and adults
- Use with Orton-Gillingham based reading programs or in conjunction with any phonics-based curriculum
- Useful literacy tool for educators, university students in education-related fields, reading tutors, O-G practitioners, Speech-Language Pathologists, ESL learners, parents, and children
- Learn the logical sequence of multiple spellings for 21 graphically-represented phonemes
- Select one or more categories for each practice session, including consonants, single vowels, consonant digraphs, vowel teams, vowel + r, short vowel signals, VCe, and common suffixes.
- Toggle easily between controlled and random presentation of graphemes
- Record/playback feature allows users to hear their own pronunciations
- Multiple Spelling Practice gives you the ability to hear and see the sound being dictated, write down the multiple spellings, and check your answer.
- Use the app independently or supplement with a printed version of Mayerson Academy’s O-G Card Deck
- Enhance the multisensory experience by simultaneously tracing/stating each grapheme-phoneme correspondence in a nearby rice tray or on a textured surface
Visit http://www.mayersonacademy.org/orton-gillingham-multisensory-reading for more information on Orton-Gillingham training.
*grapheme = a single letter or string of letters that represents a specific phoneme (sound)
What's New in Version 2.0.1
An Auditory (Phoneme-Grapheme Dictation) Drill feature has been added in this update. When you click on “Multiple Spelling Practice” in the menu, you now have the ability to hear and see the sound being dictated, write down the multiple spellings, and check your answer.
The marvals of the IGCard deck
What an amazing app! Students have a practice tool and teachers have a reinforcement tool for correct phonology, as well as a tool for intensifying instruction in the spot for deeper work on the formation of speech sounds! Thank you!
The Mayerson Academy OG Card Deck has been an invaluable resource in my classroom. My students love using it independently and in small groups. A must-have!
We can't figure out the difference in the two "ew" sounds where the keywords are "stew" and "pew"
- Category: Education
- Updated: Mar 16, 2016
- Version: 2.0.1
- Size: 73.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Mayerson Academy for Human Resource Development
- © 2015 Mayerson Academy
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.