The OhioHealth Mobile App is a convenient way to manage your health information and easily access care from OhioHealth. The app includes access to MyChart, is free to use and is available 24/7.
Easy-to-use features include:
• Schedule appointments
• Find a doctor and view patient satisfaction ratings
• Pay your bill
• Get directions
• View Urgent Care wait times
• Access test results
• Communicate securely with your doctor
• Request prescription refills
• Keep track of health information
• Create a MyChart account
• View and share OhioHealth news and wellness articles
You need to have a MyChart account to access the MyChart features. Go to 'Create an Account' in the app where there are options to sign up with or without an activation code. Your doctor may have provided you an activation code during your last outpatient office visit, though a code is not required to create an account.
Currently, MyChart features are available only for OhioHealth facilities in the greater Columbus area, including Delaware and Marion.
For Questions About Using OhioHealth
Call the Support Line at (614) 533.6924
• Annual Mammogram Scheduling for non-logged in users now available for women 40 years or older
• “Track My Health” feature is available to patients with orders from their provider's office
• User experience enhancements
Ratings and Reviews
Just use Epic MyChart instead.
OhioHealth uses Epic’s medical recording systems. Epic offers an app called “MyChart,” which is kept up-to-date as Apple releases new devices and iOS update features. It’s a solid app, and I recommend using it to access your OhioHealth account.
I do keep this OhioHealth app around just in case, but I never use it, because it is a poor customization of MyChart, lacking support for current iOS devices (it doesn’t even support iPhone X’s screen size) and missing integration of many new iOS features. The only thing it adds is a lot of battery-draining web-based content, and that’s something we all can do without.
Sometimes simple is better
You can’t reset an expired password on the app so you have patients visit the web site, which is rocket science for most users already. Once you get there, you have a pop up that fills the entire screen telling people to view in app!!! Really? You want to confuse them more? This isn’t Epic’s doing, that’s the sad part. And the forgot username/password links from the app don't work either. No wonder people are so angry.
Bills do NOT total correctly
It says I owes more than $1700 when I only owe $358! Each time they send a billing statement, the app adds it to the total—even if it’s paid and even if multiple statements were sent for the same service. Ridiculous. I hope no one accidentally pays too much because of this error.
- Ohio Health
- 81.2 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © Copyright (c) 2018 OhioHealth All Rights Reserved
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.