Old Farmer's Almanac Garden Planner
By Growing Interactive
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Plan your perfect vegetable, herb and fruit garden on your iPad or iPhone with The Old Farmer's Almanac Garden Planner.
● FLEXIBLE GARDEN DESIGN - works with any shape of garden, raised beds, rows or containers
● VEGETABLES, HERBS AND FRUIT - add single plants, rows, blocks or SFG squares and instantly see how many plants fit. Easily rearrange them until you get the perfect layout.
● FULL GROWING INFORMATION for over 190 plants with thousands of varieties from popular suppliers pre-loaded (varieties currently available for US, Canada, UK, Ireland, EU and South Africa only. Please note that this app doesn't cater for ornamental flower gardening.)
● INTELLIGENT ADVICE– shows you how to rotate crops, plan succession planting and much more
● ADAPTS TO YOUR AREA – using our database of thousands of weather stations the Old Farmer's Almanac Garden Planner will recommend the best planting and harvesting dates for your area
● PLANTING REMINDERS – includes a free online services that emails you twice a month with a personal list of what to plant from your plans and location
● BONUS CONTENT – includes articles that help you plan, start seeds, avoid pests and produce a bountiful harvest.
● PRIORITY SUPPORT – personal support by email to help you get the most from the app
What's New in Version 2.0.11
This build addresses an issue that causes a crash on starting the app and is recommended for all users.
This eels like such a great idea and I was wishing so much it would work better. I am hopeful they will get the bugs out. I am a professor at a local university. I am somewhat of a novice gardener, though I have been gardening all my life. I am putting in a significant investment in a garden and picked this up in hopes of helping me organize it and so forth. Great idea, just poorly developed. I am using my iPad and it was a real hassle to work with. Pros: creativity, information, set up, and just a great idea. Cons: it works like crap. I have delete it and then attempting to restore.
Horribly designed app! So disappointed in time&money waisted!
😖😖SAVE YOUR TIME AND MONEY!!😖😖
It took me longer and cost more money to map out 3 vegetable beds on here then it would have to plant them!! I'm sooo disappointed, I expected much better from the old farmers almanac. The concept would be great if they designed it to be much more user friendly. I liked that it told me how many plants to put per square foot, and all the links to info on each plant, but designing this is nearly impossible!! First it won't let me create the garden's character like it shows in the picture (fire pit, patio, walk ways exc) and then in order to measure out the dementions of each box or row, you have to steady your finger perfectly or the box will move up or down off the grid. There needs to be an option to type in the dementions or stay on the grid. Then to plant the plants in it, I had to go back and forth from the plant button to the box for each square foot of my 10x10 garden patch, and every time I had to make sure I was on my grid, it didn't automatically keep plants from overlapping!! Then the last straw was that it stopped letting me access new plants. So bizarre and ridiculous for an $8 gardening app from a reputable company I've trusted for years. I am going to cross my fingers and hope this makes more sense on my Mac and that I don't have to pay a second time to find out. I should have just gone to bed two hours earlier and woken up early and planted the garden I had roughly mapped out on paper early in the morning instead. If this app gets updated in the near enough future that I am still able to use it this season I will be relieved, and glad to amend my bad review, but until then i hope to learn from my experience not to pay for an app that only has poor reviews.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Mar 23, 2016
- Version: 2.0.11
- Size: 115 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Growing Interactive Limited
- © Growing Interactive, 2014
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.