Old Man's Journey
By Broken Rules
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
******* Apple Design Award Winner ********
A story game about life’s precious moments, broken dreams, and changed plans.
"A gorgeous experience" - TouchArcade (10/10)
"An absolute joy to look at and play" - The Guardian
"A whimsical poem" - Polygon - (8/10)
Immerse yourself in a visual narrative as you uncover stories of the old man’s life told through beautiful vignettes of his memories. Interact with the serene, whimsical environment as you solve playful puzzles and shape the landscape around you, growing the hills to create the old man’s path forward.
Explore life’s complexities through the old man’s eyes as you experience his heartache, regret, and hope.
- Designed for touch
- A powerful and emotional narrative told only through imagery
- Gorgeously whimsical landscapes with hand-drawn art and animations
- Handcrafted, pressure-free puzzles
- Unique landscape-shaping mechanic
- A compact game experience perfect for a wanderlust-evoking escape
- Original and emotionally compelling soundtrack by SCNTFC
- Crisp drawings designed to look beautiful on your iPhone and iPad
What's New in Version 1.4
- Old Man's Journey now correctly requires iOS 10 (Because of our use of App Slicing)
I found this game to be calmly amusing. I’ve played the first few levels and they aren’t too hard. Quite simple really. I expect the difficulty will increase as the game progresses.
What really made me give this game 5 stars is the story line and animation. I appreciate the slow pace of the game as well. This game does require a certain adult mind set to appreciate. I would not get this game for children. Not that I’ve found any content objectionable, it’s just they won’t be able to keep interested.
Beautiful and emotion producing, yet...
The art work was beautiful and the storyline evoked some emotion but I would have enjoyed some more content to extend the game play. It was over too quickly so it left me wanting more.
A child might like this game, but a lot of adults will find it repetitive and boring. The authors had a pretty good idea and executed it well, but it’s really only a part of a game. There are more interesting and challenging ones out there.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Sep 23, 2017
- Version: 1.4
- Size: 1.85 GB
- Language: English
- Seller: Broken Rules Interactive Media GmbH
- © 2017 Broken Rules Interactive Media GmbH
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.