Import photos from your camera to your smartphone via Wi-Fi, and share with friends right from where you are.
Paired with a compatible Olympus camera, the OLYMPUS Image Share (OI.Share) smartphone app makes photography more enjoyable than ever. With this app, you can release the shutter remotely, then easily import photos from the camera to your smartphone and share your most inspiring moments with friends and family.
1. Easily import photos from the camera to your smartphone
Photos on the camera can be imported via Wi-Fi. You can also simply select photos on the camera to share ahead of time (Share Order Function) to easily and conveniently import photos.
2. Operate the camera from your smartphone
(1) Live View
OLYMPUS Image Share allows you to see the camera's Live View on your smartphone screen. It also lets you operate the camera from your smartphone -- touch your smartphone screen to specify the AF point or release the shutter. You can also adjust camera settings such as shooting mode (iAUTO, P, A, S, M or ART) and drive mode (Single, Burst and Self timer), as well as control the zoom for electronic zoom lenses.
(2) Remote Shutter
In addition, you can choose to control camera settings directly on the camera, and use the smartphone just for releasing the shutter, as if using remote cables. You can "half-press" on your smartphone screen to only focus, and "full-press" to release the shutter.
3. Easy Setup
All you need to do is use OI.Share to scan the QR code displayed on the rear monitor of a compatible camera to easily set up the initial wireless connection settings.
* When using a FlashAir card, use the FlashAir card connection information to connect from the smartphone's Wi-Fi setting screen.
* Available functions will differ by camera.
* Wi-Fi is a registered trademark of the Wi-Fi Alliance.
* The Wi-Fi CERTIFIED Logo is a certification mark of the Wi-Fi Alliance.
* The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by the Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks by OLYMPUS CORPORATION is under license.
* FlashAir™ is a trademark of Toshiba Corporation.
Ratings and Reviews
It works just fine...
I see that there’s a lot of complaints for the app, but it works perfectly for me. I’ve had no problems installing it and using any of the features like the remote camera control on my E-M10 Mark II. Take note that this cannot import RAW images, so make sure to set your camera to save as JPEG+RAW if need be.
Also note that you need to make sure that you are connected to the appropriate WiFi host as you cannot both connect to the camera and to another WiFi with internet at the same time.
It could use some improvements with the remote control and the overall UI, but it’s already a fine app.
Helpful with bugs
The app has its issues, as others here have stated, but when it’s functioning normally it’s intuitive. However, I’ve had issues lately with the inability to import photos. I can connect to the camera, control it remotely with the app, but the Import Photos feature displays No Photos even with 2 cards in my EM-1 Mk2 full of raw and jpeg images. I’m also having this issue on my old EM-10 Mk1 so I know it’s not the camera itself. This loss of feature has basically rendered this app useless. Please update!
Open source this so the community can fix it
This app is full of ridiculous UI problems. It doesn't check if a photo has been imported before, so you can easily get duplicates by accident. Doing something else causes the app to not only stop an import that's in progress, but forget what it was importing all together. The remote control mode is interesting but flaky. Olympus does not seem to be working on improving any of this, so they should open source it and give others a chance to make improvements.
- 58.8 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2013-2018 Olympus Corporation
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.