OI.Track enriches your activities.
Paired with a compatible Olympus camera, the OLYMPUS Image Track (OI.Track) smartphone app makes photography on journeys even more enjoyable. With this app, you can update the camera's GPS assist data, and display the trails taken or vertical distance traveled along with your images.
1. Display images and track data on your smartphone
During your journey, send your camera's track data by Wi-Fi to your smartphone and you will be able to check the progress that you have made on your journey thus far. Track data will be displayed together with images for easy identification.
* Display of movies and altitude/depth data is only possible when using compatible cameras. Compatible cameras: TG-5, TG-Tracker
2. Organize track data and images on your smartphone
Manage your images and track data imported to your smartphone as single Activities. Relive the excitement of the moment and the feeling of accomplishment by viewing the track data together with your images.
* On iPhone 5(iPhone 5C) or earlier iOS devices, 4K videos cannot be imported.
3. Enjoy sharing with your friends and family
Combine Track Data with recorded footage for exciting videos you can share with your friends.
* Maximum image quality of videos edited on a device is Full HD 30 fps.
4. Update GPS Assist Data
Use your smartphone to download the latest GPS assist data and transfer it t your camera by WI-Fi, to drastically shorten location acquisition time, whenever and wherever you are.
5. Add location information
By simply transferring the GPS log recorded with a smartphone to the camera, location information can be added to photos captured with a compatible camera with built-in Wi-Fi.
* Be aware that continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
6. Easy Setup
All you need to do is scan the QR code displayed on the screen of a compatible camera with OI.Track to easily set up Wi-Fi connection settings.
* This app is not guaranteed to work on all devices.
* Compatible cameras: Tough TG-5, TG-4, TG-3, TG-870, TG-860, and TG-Tracker. Location information can be added on Olympus cameras with Wi-Fi.
* Wi-Fi is a registered trademark of the Wi-Fi Alliance.
Support for iOS11.
Support for iPhone X.
Ratings and Reviews
Made worse than the original.
I used to be able to send geologs in a batch all at once. I used to be able to see a map showing where the photos still on my camera were taken. I used to be able to share the logs easily and in batches. I used to be able to share those logs even if they were taken on the same day. Not anymore. Not since Olympus decided to move the tracking function to a separate app.
Why the share button needs to be hidden under "more" is beyond me. Swiping is not always "intuitive" which I'm sure is what they were doing for. A quick swipe and your log is deleted. A careful swipe and then a tap and then another tap to add to the camera... one at a time... is dumb and slow. If I knew of any alternative I would happily delete this app.
Complex and awkward App
Awkward translation to English, which makes it difficult to decide weather it is safe to click it. Simply “Info” or “Details” would be more clear ... and actually I do not want to be bothered about it as a regular user just interested in geotagging his trips.
Too complex - why the separate steps A-GPS and date/time sync, and a separate button to upload, and again a separate step to sync the geotag. Just a single button called “Sync Camera” would be clear. Otherwise - all functionality is there and more.
Lots of issues
I finally figured out how to merge the log data with the video. Since the video didn’t import the first time I was really confused on what to do. It would be nice to have a manual. The second time, after taking a new video they merged but there was an error during the export so my editing changes weren’t saved. There’s an update for the GPS Assist Data but every time I try to transfer it to the camera it tells me the log is still running even though I shut it off.
- 50.3 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2014-2018 Olympus Corporation
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.