You are always home with the Omna 180 Cam HD, which gives you a 180-degree view of your home in crisp 1080p Full HD. Omna brings a new perspective to your home through its trendy but discreet design. Simply smart, the camera is state of the art and easy to set up, operate and manage. Omna is derived from the Latin “omnis” meaning all, every, all-encompassing – and indeed, the Omna camera can see everything, wherever you place it in your home. Control your Omna camera with the free Omna app and get a live view of your home, receive alerts when motion is detected, watch motion-triggered video playbacks, and use your camera’s two-way audio function.
- 180-Degree Field of View – D-Link’s unique 180-degree solutions and de-warping technology allow you to see just about everywhere and everything.
- Dynamic Video Streaming – The video bitrate continuously adjusts to ensure optimal performance given the available bandwidth.
- Two-Way Audio – Listen and speak using the camera’s built-in microphone and speaker, so you can still make your presence known even when you’re not at home.
- Night Vision – See up to 5 meters in complete darkness with infrared night vision.
- Motion Detection – Receive motion detection alerts and view motion detection-triggered video clips to know what’s going on at home.
- Local Recording – Record motion detection-triggered video clips directly to a microSDXC card up to 128 GB. Offers more flexibility on recording video locally to the camera without impacting network or Internet bandwidth, all with no recurring monthly fees.
1. Add scheduled OTA firmware update feature.
2. Add arm and disarm feature.
3. Add summary clips feature.
4. Modified notification behaviors.
Ratings and Reviews
I can’t believe these are sold by Apple
I purchased a OMNA Camera over a month ago to supplement my current nest cams and to be my first foray into HomeKit cameras, lets just say they’re not off to a good start. The recent software update did bring improvements such as the day review and automatic updates, but the camera’s are still buggy.
I inherited 2 more cameras from a friend recently and I found that all 3 of these cameras all use the same network name leading to some difficulties setting up. Also I found when viewing both from the app then switching immediately over to the integrated home app, one of the Cramer’s crashes every time requiring a hard power reset. The app isn’t bad getting around in but it takes WAY too many clicks on the GUI to get to any recordings from the cameras: see Nest or even the super smooth interface from Apples own Time Machine on MacOSX!
Another big hit is the inability to provide notifications only when you are not at home. Sure the new app has a button to press for away, but this all needs to be automated: also see Nest.
I hope the updates to both the firmware for the cameras and features for the apps continue to be released by D-link, as well as HomeKit capability improvements from Apple. I feel like it’s a solid product but needs support!
Good at recording but not at looking at what was recorded.
An item was stolen outside from right in front of the camera. But the time period was a week long. The stolen item is valuable but not valuable enough compared to the time requires to look through the hundreds or thousands of little snippets of video. It would help if the video thumbnails were bigger so a thumbnail might show a detail of what triggered the motion recording. Ability to download all or plug the micro SD card into a computer would be great, (My macs wont recognize card format) Then I could scrub through the videos so much faster in an app actually designed for video playback. Trying to download video after video in the app is just as slow as trying to open the videos to scrub through them.
Needs an on demand record button
It seems like this camera just records at random...my kids are running around all day and it says no clips, then randomly one day I get a bunch of clips... great camera for live and 2 way... terrible at recording... it would be great to have a button to record so if someone breaks in you get the motion alert and you can hit record. Or fix how it records/ have clips longer than 30sec. Also option to delete oldest recording first if you run out of space instead of having to format the card.
- D-Link Corporation
- 59.6 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 D-Link Corporation
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.